Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 03, 2020 @ 11:13
    Ismail Mayat

Azure deployment slot swap issue

I have v8.3.0 site and i am running on azure and using deployment slots to deploy. I have multi index search with umbraco content index, examine pdf index and a custom index. When i deploy to slot all works fine. When i swap the slot the pdf index breaks and i cannot see indexes in backoffice and search errors.

Looking at the error in console in backoffice i have the following error:

n error has occurred.", "ExceptionMessage":"Lock obtain timed out: SimpleFSLock@D:\home\site\wwwroot\App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\PDFIndex\write.lock","ExceptionType":"Lucene.Net.Store.LockObtainFailedException","StackTrace":" at Lucene.Net.Store.Lock.Obtain(Int64 lockWaitTimeout) in d:\Lucene.Net\FullRepo\trunk\src\core\Store\Lock.cs:line 97\r\n at Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.MultiIndexLock.Obtain(Int64 lockWaitTimeout) in C:\projects\examine-qvx04\src\Examine\LuceneEngine\Directories\MultiIndexLock.cs:line 40\r\n

If i delete the pdf index and then touch the web.config indexes appear in backoffice and search works.

Anyone seen this before?

• David Jones 1 post 71 karma points
    Apr 01, 2020 @ 07:51
    David Jones

Hi,

Hitting similar issues did you get any further with this?

Thanks

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Apr 01, 2020 @ 08:39
    Ismail Mayat

David,

I raised gold partner ticket with Umbraco support, one thing they suggested which has improved things but not completely solved,

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/5035#issuecomment-546136237

I followed:

<add key="Umbraco.Core.LocalTempStorage" value="EnvironmentTemp" />
    <add key="Umbraco.Examine.LuceneDirectoryFactory" value="Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.SyncTempEnvDirectoryFactory, Examine" />
    <add key="WEBSITE_DISABLE_OVERLAPPED_RECYCLING" value="1" />

I did not have the last one I added that and now its not happening as often. Although recently i have not been doing as many deploys on this site.

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft