Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luke Hook 45 posts 175 karma points c-trib
    Jan 07, 2020 @ 15:12
    Luke Hook

Umbraco Cloud Deploy Error - document-blueprint

Hi guys,

I'm using Umbraco Cloud and have been for some time. We have a series of sites that utilise the baseline feature - we're using content templates (which I think is relevant).

I'm trying to debug an issue locally but am having issues restoring the site because of the following error

The source environment has thrown a Umbraco.Deploy.Exceptions.ProcessArtifactException with message: Process pass #3 failed for artifact umb://document-blueprint/28403cd35a104dc7a4bb0f12abd32cde. It might have been caused by an inner System.InvalidOperationException with message: Cannot save content with an empty name.

Unlike more common issues with document types and data types (which I can diagnose) I have no idea where the issue could be with regards to Document Blueprint.

a) Is a document blueprint a content template?

b) If so does anybody have any idea what this might be referring to? I've checked the content templates and they are have a name so I'm not sure what it could be or how to resolve. The technical details give the below which doesn't help

INNER:  System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot save content with an empty name.
     at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.Implement.DocumentRepository.EnsureInvariantNameExists(IContent content)
     at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.Implement.DocumentRepository.SanitizeNames(IContent content, Boolean publishing)
     at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.Implement.DocumentRepository.PersistNewItem(IContent entity)

• mcsagittarius 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 24, 2021 @ 11:56
    mcsagittarius

Just want to add that I'm also seeing this issue. And yes, document-blueprints seem to be "Content Templates".

After lots of testing, it seems to be related to content that has "Allow vary by culture" enabled in the DocType.

I tried creating 2 completely empty DocTypes, one with vary-by-culture and the other without. Then created content from both and made templates of that. The vary-by-culture one gave the error, but the other did not and was able to be transferred without issue. Saving the template for each culture makes no difference.

Seems like a bug to me.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft