Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rob Lammers 11 posts 113 karma points
    Jan 07, 2020 @ 15:41
    Rob Lammers

Using checkboxes, radios and select boxes with grid editors and nested content

I'm wondering if there is an easier solution I just haven't seen when it comes to creating data types for checkboxes, radios and select boxes in Umbraco.

If I go into Data Types and create some options with the "Radio Button List" property editor, I only have the option to add a series of "prevalues". Each "prevalue" only has one text filed I can edit, so this is what the client sees when they are editing.

However, I usually want the client to see something a little more user-friendly than the value I want returned when they select it. To get around this, I've been using a package called "DTP List Picker", it works exactly as I expect it to. I create options and give it a display name and the value I want returned when they select it.

The only problem with this package is, it was created awhile ago and hasn't been updated. It's having problems when we install it via NuGet. And I'd really like to reduce the number of required packages we need to install per client's site.

Is there any easier way to do this in Umbraco?

Edit: I should say I know you can get the node ID number of each value. However, this number is inconsistent between the different environments of each of our projects and is not reliable.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft