Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• vijaya shivgand 22 posts 121 karma points
    14 days ago
    vijaya shivgand

Migration from 7.14 to 8

Hi All, I am following steps written on https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/getting-started/setup/upgrading/migrating-to-v8 . But I am getting following error

Error during installation The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. The statement has been terminated. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/App_Data/Logs/')

Also log is not helping to debug the issue.

• Amir Khan 1007 posts 2066 karma points
    14 days ago
    Amir Khan

Did you try increasing the remote query timeout of the db in management studio? I've had this issue before with other upgrades. just want to make sure to put it back to something reasonable when you're done

• Joep 21 posts 165 karma points
    14 days ago
    Joep

Hey , you can add a connection timeout to your SQL connection string in your web.config. connection timeout = {Milliseconds}

1 week ago
    vijaya shivgand

I tried and passed the above error and now i am getting following error

Error during installation The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: Invalid column name 'versionId'. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/App_Data/Logs/')

See the log for full details (logs can typically be found in the App_Data\Logs folder).

• Joep 21 posts 165 karma points
    1 week ago
    Joep

Hi,

Do you have a backup of your'e old Database? I think this issue is occuring because it started the migration but didn't finish because of the time out.

-Joep

1 week ago
    vijaya shivgand

Thanks for reply , I do have back up of old DB. i will start migration with new DB which i copied .

1 week ago
    vijaya shivgand

hi Joep , I tried with copy of my DB , still I am getting following error

The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: Invalid column name 'versionId'. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/App_Data/Logs/')

• Brett Spencer 84 posts 253 karma points
    1 week ago
    Brett Spencer

How is it going? Does the log state the same error or does it have any further info?

Did you try to upgrade your Umbraco install to 7.15 and check for no errors? (I know the walk-through mentions 7.14) I have seen many changes since the article was written.

1 week ago
    vijaya shivgand

I am using 7.15.1. I tried to update to 7.15.3 but unable to update and getting lots of error. Unable to do migration to 8+ Versions

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft