Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Levente Kosa 136 posts 352 karma points
    Jan 08, 2020 @ 09:41
    Levente Kosa

Recommendation for a timer

Hi,

I'm looking for solution for a timer which should work like this: Editor select an option from a dropdown within a page, the timer starts. After 1 week time the page unpublish itself.

• Jeffrey Veer 41 posts 308 karma points
    Jan 08, 2020 @ 11:38
    Jeffrey Veer

Hi Levente,

There is already a built-in option for scheduled (un)publishing. This can be found when going to the node you want to schedule and clicking on the arrow next to Save and Publish.

Next select the Schedule... option and set the publish/unpublish dates.

Is this what you are looking for or do you need something more specific?

Best,

Jan 08, 2020 @ 11:44
    Levente Kosa

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for the quick answer. I'm looking the same function, but make it automated. So I have this dropdown with the following three options: Available, Reserved, Let

You select "Let", save the page and that's it. 1 week later the page unpublish itself.

It's basically the same, just less click for the editor. It's unnecessary because it will be always 1 week.

• Jeffrey Veer 41 posts 308 karma points
    Jan 08, 2020 @ 11:47
    Jeffrey Veer

Ahh.. clear!

I haven't done a similar feature myself but I assume you can accomplish this using a custom implementation of a IComponentwhere you can hook in to the ContentService.Publishing event.

See this page on the documentation as well: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/reference/events/contentservice-events

Let me know if you need some more help ;-)

Jan 08, 2020 @ 13:24
    Levente Kosa

Thank you for your help!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft