Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
We have a Umbraco 7.13 website running well on Local Host. When we deploy it on a hosting server(unoeuro.com), it gives a YSOD - "[IOException: read past EOF]" error. I rebuild the indexes and deploy again, still, the error does not go away.
Is this somehow related to File i/o permissions?
Has anyone encountered a similar issue? Any help is appreciated.
We run into the issue occasionally with v7 sites (pretty much all versions and even on a v8 site now) and have never found a fix other than to stop the app pool, delete the indexes, and restart the app pool.
If you found a solution, we would love to hear about it.
Same ! I think this crashes my site..
Umbraco Cloud 8.5.4
Have the same on Umbraco 8.5
Just an update regarding the issue that we believe to be resolved. We've had this issue in a single server environment as well as in a load balanced multi server environment running a variety of v7 versions and v8 versions.
We recently found out that we had some server backup jobs that were running late until into the morning, when site editors were modifying sites. The backup jobs weren't excluding AppData, specifically the AppData\ExamineIndexes folder. We updated the backups to exclude the App_Data folder from all of our sites, and haven't had a locked index (read past EOF) error since making that update.
This obviously won't help with Umbraco cloud sites, but for dedicated servers, I'm hoping it helps someone out there. We encountered this on our dedicated servers and Rackspace cloud server.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted