Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Krishna 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jan 09, 2020 @ 10:57
    Krishna

Umbraco 7.13 Examine, Lucene "[IOException: read past EOF]" Error

We have a Umbraco 7.13 website running well on Local Host. When we deploy it on a hosting server(unoeuro.com), it gives a YSOD - "[IOException: read past EOF]" error. I rebuild the indexes and deploy again, still, the error does not go away.

Is this somehow related to File i/o permissions?

https://i.imgur.com/9yT983H.png

Has anyone encountered a similar issue? Any help is appreciated.

//Krishna

• Zac 239 posts 541 karma points
    Mar 06, 2020 @ 04:49
    Zac

We run into the issue occasionally with v7 sites (pretty much all versions and even on a v8 site now) and have never found a fix other than to stop the app pool, delete the indexes, and restart the app pool.

If you found a solution, we would love to hear about it.

• Thomas 315 posts 602 karma points c-trib
    Mar 06, 2020 @ 10:11
    Thomas

Same ! I think this crashes my site.. Umbraco Cloud 8.5.4

• Adam 8 posts 85 karma points
    Apr 09, 2020 @ 10:44
    Adam

Have the same on Umbraco 8.5

• Zac 239 posts 541 karma points
    Apr 09, 2020 @ 15:55
    Zac

Just an update regarding the issue that we believe to be resolved. We've had this issue in a single server environment as well as in a load balanced multi server environment running a variety of v7 versions and v8 versions.

We recently found out that we had some server backup jobs that were running late until into the morning, when site editors were modifying sites. The backup jobs weren't excluding AppData, specifically the AppData\ExamineIndexes folder. We updated the backups to exclude the App_Data folder from all of our sites, and haven't had a locked index (read past EOF) error since making that update.

This obviously won't help with Umbraco cloud sites, but for dedicated servers, I'm hoping it helps someone out there. We encountered this on our dedicated servers and Rackspace cloud server.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft