Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dibs 202 posts 991 karma points
    Jan 10, 2020 @ 10:41
    Dibs

Dear Umbraco team

Can you create a group/user in Umbraco that can administer users other then someone in the administrators group

Thanks Dibs

• Joep 96 posts 698 karma points
    Jan 10, 2020 @ 13:46
    Joep

Hi,

Yes , if you create a group and give them acces to the section "Users" they can change permissions of other people.

-Joep

• Dibs 202 posts 991 karma points
    Feb 04, 2020 @ 07:15
    Dibs

Hi Joep

I created a group with only access to users section. Then created a user and added to the group. This user can only create users for this group and any created in the group will have permissions to create other users. Creating the group i did select starting nodes. but the group has no permissions, as i only want the user to administer users and not change content.

I would like one user to be able to add/remove users to the many groups that have the permissions set on different areas of the site.

Thanks Dibs

• Joep 96 posts 698 karma points
    Feb 05, 2020 @ 16:42
    Joep

Hi Dibs,

Hmmm.. that is weird. I don't have time to look into it this week. I will look into it next week and if I find something I will comment here.

-Joep

• Adam 8 posts 85 karma points
    Oct 09, 2020 @ 20:17
    Adam

Refreshing post - anyone managed to sort this out?

• Erik Vleugel 4 posts 74 karma points
    Oct 22, 2020 @ 14:27
    Erik Vleugel

Same issue here. User with custom user group with user management rights can only create new user in their own user group.

• Anthony Powell 13 posts 47 karma points
    Jun 28, 2021 @ 01:42
    Anthony Powell

Yes, I have a similar problem.

I have created a couple of user groups,

• Admin - Umbraco admin
    • Web admin - Marketing admin (can manage users, content, media, approve all)
    • Author - content approver (can approve work of anyone)
    • Author - content editor (can't approve own work)

I would like the marketing manager who manages the authors to be able to add and remove both forms of author, and add another web admin if required.
    But I do not want them to have access to the Umbraco Admin permissions. As I don't want them in the Developer's Settings section altering things, or adding plugins etc.

• apload-gmbh 33 posts 93 karma points
    Mar 01, 2024 @ 08:28
    apload-gmbh

We also have this issue with Umbraco 9.5. Is there a solution or workaround?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft