Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
For some reason the nodes have parentheses around their name within the content tree.
I would like to know why this is and what causes this, because I can't seem to figure it out.
This is what I'm getting to see in my Umbraco project:
After trying a few things out with the Document Types and the Templates I noticed that the parentheses went away after I cleared the 'Allow varying by culture' checkbox from the corresponding Document Type.
I must say, it's quite confusing when there is nothing to find about this in the documentation. At least not with a quick Google search.
I've just had a mind-boggle about this as well - I've asked around, hoping someone has a great answer. I'll post it here if/when I get one :)
The content tree tries to display all items in your culture (i.e. the culture you choose in your user profile).
If an item uses varyByCulture and does not have a Name in your culture, the name is displayed in parentheses (to indicate missing content, I presume).
We have also encountered this behaviour, but it's sometimes hard to reproduce. It mostly happens when you've been working in a language that is later removed from the Language-settings.
The key give-away is an "empty" spot where the language dropdown should be (see screenshot, on top of the "Content" section). If you only have 1 language, that dropdown is not displayed, but then you have no need for varying by culture, I'd say.
If that dropdown is displaying as empty, try a) picking a different language, b) clearing the UMB_MCULTURE-cookie or c) pass a different value in the querystring ( ...?mculture=en-US)
"It mostly happens when you've been working in a language that is later removed from the Language-settings."
Oh, now it makes sense. Thank you!
Great answer. Thank you.
But I don't understand why this is the behavior. It makes no sense to me. Have this been reported as a bug?
I have English (New Zealand) set as the culture for the website, and there is only one language (at the moment), however I can't set that language on my profile, it only has languages to which the umbraco UI has been translated.
On 8.9.1, I'm setting up a package that adds a language and creates a (varying by culture) home node, with its name and its CultureName in that culture. I, as a user, have set up the same culture. Despite that, I still see the home node inside parentheses. The problem seems to go away if I add a second language (and stays that way even if I remove it!).
So I'm afraid it's a bug, unless I'm doing something wrong!
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted