Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Edgar Rasquin 326 posts 925 karma points
    Jan 17, 2020 @ 17:14
    Edgar Rasquin

Bad performance & Failed to retrieve data for application tree content

Hi,

we are moving to a new server. By now I have already moved around 20 website and they all perform well.

But with the latest moved website I am experiencing serious performance problems. The webpages take about 30 - 60 sec to load. The Umbraco Backend performance is also poor. In addition I get the following error:

Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details. Failed to retrieve data for application tree content

enter image description here

My log file: App_data > Logs > UmbracoTraceLog.rs213721.txt does not give me the following error:

2020-01-17 18:01:09,752 [P16108/D8/T71] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeController - Unhandled controller exception occurred

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The wait operation timed out at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TrySetMetaData(_SqlMetaDataSet metaData, Boolean moreInfo) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption, Boolean shouldCacheForAlwaysEncrypted) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.<>cDisplayClass5_0.0() at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func1 func) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.<Query>d__741.MoveNext() at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.EntityRepository.GetByQueryInternal(Sql entitySql, Boolean isContent, Boolean isMedia) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.EntityRepository.GetByQuery(IQuery1 query, Guid objectTypeId) at Umbraco.Core.Services.EntityService.GetChildren(Int32 parentId, UmbracoObjectTypes umbracoObjectType) at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ContentTreeControllerBase.GetChildrenFromEntityService(Int32 entityId) at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ContentTreeControllerBase.GetChildEntities(String id, FormDataCollection queryStrings) at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ContentTreeControllerBase.PerformGetTreeNodes(String id, FormDataCollection queryStrings) at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ContentTreeControllerBase.GetTreeNodes(String id, FormDataCollection queryStrings) at Umbraco.Web.Trees.TreeControllerBase.GetNodes(String id, FormDataCollection queryStrings) at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeExtensions.TryLoadFromControllerTree(ApplicationTree appTree, String id, FormDataCollection formCollection, HttpControllerContext controllerContext) at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeController.<GetRootForSingleAppTree>d__2.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeController.<GetApplicationTrees>d__0.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpersExtensions.<CastToObject>d__11.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.

But in my PLESK I get the following protocol notification:

enter image description here

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 17, 2020 @ 18:06
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Edgar

Looks like db is broken or maybe sql user isn't able to connect to the database?

Can you check SQL connection?

Thanks,

Alex

Jan 17, 2020 @ 18:13
    Edgar Rasquin

Hi Alex,

thank you for reply.

But if it was the user not connecting to the db I would not get any results. In addition umbraco usualy shows the error, that there is a connection string but the db cannot be reached.

Every page in the site loads all the content - just very slow.

In the backend I get to see all the other trees (for example in the media section, etc...). It is only the content section not showing the tree...

Jan 17, 2020 @ 18:15
    Alex Skrypnyk

Then it looks like Examine indexes are broken or don't exist, can you check in developers secrion and rebuild Examine indexes?

Jan 17, 2020 @ 19:14
    Edgar Rasquin

Alex,

thank you so much. You made my day!

I deleted the Examine Indexes as described here: https://www.jondjones.com/learn-umbraco-cms/umbraco-7-tutorials/umbraco-search/how-to-rebuild-your-umbraco-examine-indexes/

That solved the problem. The site is lightning fast again.

Jan 17, 2020 @ 20:08
    Alex Skrypnyk

You are always welcome, Edgar.

Have a great weekend!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft