Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adam Werner 21 posts 202 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jan 17, 2020 @ 20:58
    Adam Werner

Runtime Cache Clearing on Live Environment

Currently working with a Cloud project that takes advantage of the RuntimeCache and it is working well, with one exception -- upon a transfer of new content to the Live environment, the RuntimeCache does not clear.

I've gone and added code to clear the RuntimeCache on a publish event, but that hasn't helped out when it comes to deployments.

Does anyone know of any sort of event that I could hook into for the transferring of content between Cloud environments? I thought using the deployment hook could work, but I don't believe that's called for content/media transferring.

When content arrives in the Live environment, is some sort of event fired that I could attach some code to?

Thank you!

• Adam Werner 21 posts 202 karma points MVP c-trib
    Feb 03, 2020 @ 18:29
    Adam Werner

I've come across the original idea that sparked me to take advantage of the RuntimeCache posted by Martin Hartvig here, https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Reference/Cache/examples/tags

I'm curious to know if anyone else has used this idea in their Development environment and then have determined how to trigger an emptying and rebuilding for the Live environment's RuntimeCache when transfer content updates?

Any insights would be appreciated -- thank you!

• Damien Holley 179 posts 540 karma points
    Mar 25, 2022 @ 02:51
    Damien Holley

How is the content 'arriving' in your live environment? What kind of content are we looking at and where is it coming from?

The only thing I can think is that you should hook in your import/recieve functions for this data into the republish cache like you did for the publish event.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft