Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martijn Rasenberg 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 20, 2020 @ 14:49
    Martijn Rasenberg

Hi

for a lot of our customers it is desired that members in Umbraco can be grouped.

The most common use case is that multiple persons from one client (company) may access a (secured) portal built in Umbraco. Visually grouping (tree like) is desired as well as the ability to have properties on the level of the group (client).

So far we use content nodes with level customer and user. User is then linked (via code) with the Umbraco member. Although it works syncing data like that never is the best solution.

I'm wondering if someone has the same desires and perhaps even solved the puzzle.

Thanks!

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jan 21, 2020 @ 19:09
    Nik

Hi Martijn,

I've heard of people having a similar requirement, but never seen it implemented. What you could do is use some custom database tables to store the group information and a relationship between a member and a company (instead of relying on the Umbraco Content Tree). You'd probably need to create your own back office section for improving the management of this but it would be quite a nice solution.

Nik

• Martijn Rasenberg 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 21, 2020 @ 20:15
    Martijn Rasenberg

Hi Nik

thanks for the suggestion, We were thinking along the lines of a section indeed but wondering if anyone did come up with a solution at any time.

The member section feels a bit underrated. Members, Membertypes and Membergroups are a very simple setup where the term group is more of a role than a group (since nothing is really grouped). I'd love to see some TLC from HQ there.

I'll see if we can workout a package for it.

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft