Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marshall Penn 78 posts 258 karma points
    Jan 24, 2020 @ 11:36
    Marshall Penn

Non-cropped images not showing after upgrade 7.12.4 to 7.15.3

For some reason after a simple upgrade any images that are referenced without the crop parameters do not show on the site.

All the images are in blob storage. They show up in the media library and are also displayed in the editor without issue.

So this file will show: /media/2036/xxxx-xxxx.jpg?anchor=center&mode=crop&width=342&height=194&rnd=131158356660000000

but the same file without the params will not: /media/2036/xxxx-xxxx.jpg

I get the error "The image XXX cannot be displayed because it contains errors"

Any clues?

ImageProcessor 2.8.0

ImageProcessor.Web 4.11.0

ImageProcessor.Web 2.6.0

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jan 25, 2020 @ 08:17
    Marc Goodson

Hi Marshall

Have a look at your ImageProcessor/processing.config

Possibly the lack of a querystring on the requests to the image, means that ImageProcessor isn't attempting to process them... ?

... there is a setting in processing.config called interceptAllRequests:

<processing preserveExifMetaData="false" interceptAllRequests="true">

be interesting to see if this was true before the upgrade but is now false? - but if it is currently 'true' then I'm not sure why you would be getting the error message.

regards

Marc

Jan 27, 2020 @ 11:18
    Marshall Penn

Hi Marc, It was set to false before. If i set it to true the images show. On the live site v7.12.4 it is also set to false, yet the images with no QS DO show there. I have been through all the config files to see what may have gone awry but there is no clue. Its sister project has all the same versions as this and this problem did not show up for that project. It has got me stumped.

Jan 27, 2020 @ 12:24
    Marshall Penn

Hi Marc,

The problem was that the upgrade had removed

<add name="StaticFileHandler" path="*" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.StaticFileHandler"/>

from the Media\web.config.

I thought that I had been thorough in reverting back all the correct files after the upgrade, but I had overlooked that one.

Thanks for your help

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jan 27, 2020 @ 17:47
    Marc Goodson

ahh, I have had that too !

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft