Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ayo Adesina 430 posts 1023 karma points
    Jan 27, 2020 @ 15:12
    Ayo Adesina

Examine Index needs rebuilding randomly - Why?

I have an Examine index that is critical to the website's core functionality. Most of the time the index works perfectly with no issues.

However every now and then, the Index will go from 6000 documents to 0, and I have to log in to the back office, click re-build index and then everything will work again.

Can any one speculate/explain why this might be happening, I have never seen this problem happen on my local machine, so maybe its something to do with the server set up...?

Any ideas?

• Yakov Lebski 553 posts 2117 karma points
    Jan 28, 2020 @ 18:14
    Yakov Lebski

Is it custom Index or built in Index? Do you have custom data gathering code?

Feb 04, 2020 @ 15:20
    Ayo Adesina

It is a custom index, the data that drives the index are in a custom database. Since the last time it magicly failed. It hasn't happened again... but it will randomly sometimes just stop working... hmm

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Feb 04, 2020 @ 15:43
    Ismail Mayat

What is the server setup? Is it on azure?

Feb 04, 2020 @ 15:53
    Ayo Adesina

Yes.. its running on Azure. Never been able to recreate the issue locally...

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Feb 04, 2020 @ 15:55
    Ismail Mayat

Can you double check and ensure the examine config is using the correct providers https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Server-Setup/azure-web-apps thats if you are using webapps

Mar 04, 2020 @ 12:20
    Ayo Adesina

We had this problem again yesterday, rebuild the index everything working again. - By going through that documentation I noticed that we don't have WEBSITEDISABLEOVERLAPPED_RECYCLING setting in our configuration file.

Could this be the cause of our problem? What exactly does this setting do?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft