Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Chambers 635 posts 1252 karma points c-trib
    Jan 28, 2020 @ 11:50
    Mike Chambers

UmbracoIdentity (asp.net identity) usage clarification/further explanation

So I have umbracoIdentity and Micosoft.Owin.Security.Facebook, all playing nicely with members created via facebook authentication. (umb 8.5.2)

Setting the authentication cookie as persistent I assumed that returning to the site after closing the browser I should see that I'm automatically logged in without having to reauthenticate agains the provider? I'm not seeing that, I have to use login with facebook each session and hit the continue (app already has access) button.

Also I am correct in thinking that once logged in I'm then an umbraco member with its timeout setting, and at that point, I wouldn't get asp.net identity checking for expired tokens and getting one reissued automatically? Or is that not what asp.net identity does eg replace forms authentication and check on each request I still have access at the provider? Or have I completely misunderstood the infrastructure here?

Also if I wanted to use the permission to fetch posts from facebook for the logged in member would I then need to also store the access_token against the member profile?

Sorry for the probably simplistic questions, but I can't see much documentation for how this is used in anger once past the initial sync external authentication to an umbraco member? Cheers.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft