Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jake 7 posts 87 karma points
    Jan 28, 2020 @ 16:04
    Jake

Abysmal load speeds on initial load or when not accessed for a while

I've been doing some investigating into why my company's Umbraco sites are slow but I'm unable to pinpoint the cause.

After each publish the load times can rise all the way up to 54 seconds, though it's not usually that bad. Even after leaving the sites alone for a while the load times ramp up. The sites are in development, therefore not live and a blocker made me leave them alone for just under 2 months, I returned to them today to see awfully high loading times again, even though no content has changed since.

During a demo, the site was taking ~10-20 seconds to load after each publish but some time after the demo it started loading in ~2 seconds again.

Previously I removed most unused files to try and cut down on overall load times but the initial load (before any media) is ~95% of the load time. I've tried empty templates and document types to no avail.

While the pages aren't optimised yet and could be improved in other ways, I need to know how to fix this initial load issue.

RazorView.Render ~/Views/homePage.cshtml took >10,000 ms and further RazorView.Render usage took 2,400 ms and 1,300 ms on the same page.

If it matters, the sites were built from the starter kit.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft