Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rob Shaw 37 posts 170 karma points c-trib
    Jan 30, 2020 @ 16:43
    Rob Shaw

V8 saving media is slow with large media library

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a V8 pre-production resource site where there are around 13100 media items for users to download. I have utilised the Umbraco Azure Blob storage plugin that works great and offsets the actual files to a blob container.

I have noticed that when I'm saving media files on my local machine & development environment where there are around 200 or so images, saving media is fast.

However an issue arises when it takes around 50 seconds (!) to save a single media item on our pre-production site where the large bulk of media Files are.

There are some custom properties that have been added to the Media File type, but mainly to store a few characters of text.

We are using an S1 level SQL Server DB and app plan.

Having checked the DB usage logs it's hardly being pushed at all, however the apps memory usage seems to max out when saving files.

We've discussed upping the service plan but only really want to do this is as a last resort as the next tier doubles the cost :(

Has anyone had any experience or recommendations for this situation?

• Rob Shaw 37 posts 170 karma points c-trib
    Feb 17, 2020 @ 09:59
    Rob Shaw

Ooooookay soooo....I think I might have this sussed...

We are using uSync and have the setting 'Export on Save' turned on.....so saving a file then sets uSync off to export a config file for each file...all 20K of them 😅😅😅

Lo and behold turning that setting off resulted in the save taking under 2 seconds...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft