Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Saba Tandashvili 29 posts 181 karma points
    Jan 31, 2020 @ 08:11
    Saba Tandashvili
    0

    Can not LogIn in umbraco backoffice after deployment on production

    Hello, i installed umbraco 8 locally, made some main changed and moved to test environment on azure. It was about 2 month ago, everything worked perfectly. Yesterday i published website on production and can not logIn in back office. I imported database from azure to production. I have two account and none of them works, while they work perfectly on azure and on localhost too.

    I tried all solutions changing password hashes with sql update command and logIn still does not works. Then tried Umbraco admin reset package it successfully reseted password but logIn still does not worsk.

    I am like madman, don't know what to do else. I worked on this project for 2-3 month and now all gone. Any solutions ?

  • Ambert van Unen 52 posts 340 karma points
    Jan 31, 2020 @ 13:31
    Ambert van Unen
    0

    Are you connected to the correct database?

    Have you tried doing a password reset by mail?

    If you log on the database, check the umbracoUser table, are you logging in with the correct email address?

    If you reset the password using any of the options, do you see the hashvalue change in the umbracoUser table?

  • Saba Tandashvili 29 posts 181 karma points
    Feb 06, 2020 @ 09:53
    Saba Tandashvili
    0

    Of course i was connected correct database. The content of site was displaying correctly from db.

    Had not tried password reset by email cause smtp config was not working, I tried gmail config and it failed.

    I checked db and was correct email, even pasted several hashes in password as i said and it always returned false on login.

    Every try of change was successful, i was controlling umbracoUser table data.

    I fixed it at last and you can see my comment below.

  • Ambert van Unen 52 posts 340 karma points
    Feb 06, 2020 @ 10:20
    Ambert van Unen
    1

    Nice that you fixed it! It's one of my default things to check if you have the correct database.. I've solved so many problems with that..haha ;-)

  • Alex Skrypnyk 5741 posts 21797 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 31, 2020 @ 23:44
    Alex Skrypnyk
    0

    Umbraco login doesn't work - but what about other actions on the site? Does the site work?

    Do you see pages? Can you check SQL connection? Maybe SQL user doesn't have enough rights on the table.

  • Saba Tandashvili 29 posts 181 karma points
    Feb 06, 2020 @ 09:54
    Saba Tandashvili
    0

    Site was working perfectly. Every content was readable from db. I even had change/write access on it.

    I fixed it at last and you can see my comment below.

  • Paras 1 post 71 karma points
    Feb 01, 2020 @ 07:08
    Paras
    0

    Hi Saba

    I am not exactly sure why you could not login in umbraco backend after deployment, however if you can connect to the site and load the site without any issue, and if you just need access to your admin account you could do below things to login back in umbraco. It would nice to see what error you are getting to narrow down the solution for this issue.

    As above Alex mentioned while importing database you would also need to import the sql user on production environment with the proper db owner or whatever rights you have set during creating this user and server role as well.

    You could use umbraco backend api to create user using IUserService api. This would allow you to create new admin user with admin rights. Using above you don't have to worry about hashing your password using sql. However I am sure this works with umbraco 7.12.0, it should be similar for umbraco 8 as well. This should resolve your issue if you just don't have access to your account only.

  • Rabea_M 26 posts 140 karma points
    Feb 03, 2020 @ 10:25
    Rabea_M
    0

    I faced the same issue, a lot of back and forth with the support, multiple different attempts later, the only thing that worked was to recreate a site and deploy the same solution with fresh umbraco installation

  • Saba Tandashvili 29 posts 181 karma points
    Feb 06, 2020 @ 10:01
    Saba Tandashvili
    101

    At last i fixed the problem.

    The problem was that i was importing database from azure to production with SQL server management studio. I was using Import/Export Data Task with SQL Server native client 11.0.

    The problem was that it was not importing identities and relations between tables. No keys, no indexes, only columns and content. First i thought i forgot ticking coping identities checkbox when configuring Import/Export Task, but even since i tried removing production db and re-importing it witch coping identities ON there was still same problem.

    At last i exported azure db with Export Data-Tier Application and imported it on production and everything worked perfectly. Still does not know what caused problems of Import/Export Task

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft