Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• lori ryan 239 posts 573 karma points
    Feb 03, 2020 @ 10:41
    lori ryan

failed to get last child with id=-1 - on Umbraco 8.3

I keep getting the following errors this morning when going to create a page. I am running umbraco 8.3 and models builder is in AppData mode. Would appreciate any help to resolve

failed to get last child with id=-1

Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.PanicException: failed to get last child with id=-1

{"@t":"2020-02-03T10:36:50.3616541Z","@mt":"Document {ContentName} (id={ContentId}) has been published.","ContentName":"test","ContentId":0,"SourceContext":"Umbraco.Core.Services.Implement.ContentService","ProcessId":15064,"ProcessName":"w3wp","ThreadId":59,"AppDomainId":4,"AppDomainAppId":"LMW3SVC6ROOT","MachineName":"PSL471","Log4NetLevel":"INFO ","HttpRequestNumber":11,"HttpRequestId":"9109033b-5ec8-4b70-b664-185abf898b71"} {"@t":"2020-02-03T10:36:50.4955703Z","@mt":"Unhandled controller exception occurred for request '{RequestUrl}'","@l":"Error","@x":"Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.PanicException: failed to get last child with id=-1\r\n at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.NuCache.ContentStore.GetRequiredLinkedNode(Int32 id, String description, Nullable1 gen) in d:\\a\\1\\s\\src\\Umbraco.Web\\PublishedCache\\NuCache\\ContentStore.cs:line 838\r\n at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.NuCache.ContentStore.AddTreeNodeLocked(ContentNode content, LinkedNode1 parentLink) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Web\PublishedCache\NuCache\ContentStore.cs:line 996\r\n at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.NuCache.ContentStore.Set(ContentNodeKit kit) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Web\PublishedCache\NuCache\ContentStore.cs:line 565\r\n at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.NuCache.PublishedSnapshotService.NotifyLocked(IEnumerable1 payloads, Boolean& draftChanged, Boolean& publishedChanged) in d:\\a\\1\\s\\src\\Umbraco.Web\\PublishedCache\\NuCache\\PublishedSnapshotService.cs:line 733\r\n at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.NuCache.PublishedSnapshotService.Notify(JsonPayload[] payloads, Boolean& draftChanged, Boolean& publishedChanged) in d:\\a\\1\\s\\src\\Umbraco.Web\\PublishedCache\\NuCache\\PublishedSnapshotService.cs:line 657\r\n at Umbraco.Web.Cache.ContentCacheRefresher.NotifyPublishedSnapshotService(IPublishedSnapshotService service, AppCaches appCaches, JsonPayload[] payloads) in d:\\a\\1\\s\\src\\Umbraco.Web\\Cache\\ContentCacheRefresher.cs:line 134\r\n at Umbraco.Web.Cache.ContentCacheRefresher.Refresh(JsonPayload[] payloads) in d:\\a\\1\\s\\src\\Umbraco.Web\\Cache\\ContentCacheRefresher.cs:line 106\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Sync.ServerMessengerBase.Deliver[TPayload](ICacheRefresher refresher, TPayload[] payload) in d:\\a\\1\\s\\src\\Umbraco.Core\\Sync\\ServerMessengerBase.cs:line 298\r\n at Umbraco.Web.Cache.DistributedCache.RefreshByPayload[TPayload](Guid refresherGuid, IEnumerable1 payloads) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Web\Cache\DistributedCache.cs:line 94\r\n at Umbraco.Web.Cache.DistributedCacheExtensions.RefreshContentCache(DistributedCache dc, TreeChange1[] changes) in d:\\a\\1\\s\\src\\Umbraco.Web\\Cache\\DistributedCacheExtensions.cs:line 123\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Events.EventDefinition2.RaiseEvent() in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Events\EventDefinition.cs:line 71\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Events.QueuingEventDispatcher.ScopeExitCompleted() in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Events\QueuingEventDispatcher.cs:line 29\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Events.QueuingEventDispatcherBase.ScopeExit(Boolean completed) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Events\QueuingEventDispatcherBase.cs:line 338\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Scoping.Scope.<>cDisplayClass710.1() in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Scoping\Scope.cs:line 434\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Scoping.Scope.TryFinally(Int32 index, Action[] actions) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Scoping\Scope.cs:line 472\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Scoping.Scope.TryFinally(Int32 index, Action[] actions) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Scoping\Scope.cs:line 477\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Scoping.Scope.RobustExit(Boolean completed, Boolean onException) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Scoping\Scope.cs:line 460\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Scoping.Scope.Dispose() in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Scoping\Scope.cs:line 365\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Services.Implement.ContentService.SaveAndPublish(IContent content, String culture, Int32 userId, Boolean raiseEvents) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Services\Implement\ContentService.cs:line 905\r\n at Umbraco.Web.Editors.ContentController.PublishInternal(ContentItemSave contentItem, String defaultCulture, String cultureForInvariantErrors, Boolean& wasCancelled, String[]& successfulCultures) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Web\Editors\ContentController.cs:line 1217\r\n at Umbraco.Web.Editors.ContentController.PostSaveInternal(ContentItemSave contentItem, Func2 saveMethod, Func2 mapToDisplay) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Web\Editors\ContentController.cs:line 728\r\n at lambdamethod(Closure , Object , Object[] )\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>cDisplayClass6_2.2(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Feb 03, 2020 @ 12:25
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Lori

Can you show your code, please?

Alex

Feb 03, 2020 @ 17:28
    lori ryan

Its just when I go to create a page. Multi lingual is on unsure if that's an issue?

I do have a event manager which disables certain attributes going to try disabling that to see if that's the issue

@Alex unsure what code you want to see? Also seems to only happen when I run the site directly through IIS. When am running from visual studio I dont get this problem. Could this be an IIS issue? Also Ive ruled out the event managers that Ive created.

• Lewis Moorcroft 8 posts 128 karma points
    Feb 07, 2020 @ 09:23
    Lewis Moorcroft

Hi Lori

I have got this too on the odd occassion and also in the context of a multilingual site. I have not looked into the actual issue but to get rid of the error for me was to rebuild the caches in the Settings -> Published Cache section.

• lewis
  • Istvan Pszota 59 posts 191 karma points
    Mar 23, 2020 @ 20:45
    Istvan Pszota

HI Lewis!

This solved the issue for me.

Thanks, Istvan

Jul 02, 2020 @ 20:53
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi,

I've just received a request from the client with this problem. It's not a solution to restart the site, what is the real cause of this problem? Does anybody know?

Thanks,

Alex

Jul 03, 2020 @ 08:21
    lori ryan

Hi Alex unfortunately I never got to the bottom of it. Ive rebuilt the site without the mutli lingual aspect as it wasnt a must have.

Jul 03, 2020 @ 08:46
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Lori,

Thanks for getting back to me. I didn't find a fix as well, all that I know that we need to upgrade to the latest version.

Are you hosting the site on Azure?

Thanks,

Alex

Jul 03, 2020 @ 10:42
    lori ryan

Yes we're on Azure

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft