Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• phil 16 posts 119 karma points
    Feb 03, 2020 @ 18:01
    phil

Form not been received from Site following database issue

This might be a long one but looking for some help clearing somethings up. So a week ago we had a DB issue and had to do a restore from a backup which was 3 months old. We had all the files ect still and just had to send up a few new nodes to hold some of the views and rebuild a few pages. Problem solved and Armageddon averted. Until today we realised the form were not been received. They are saying they have be send successfully from the website.

The forms were working correctly and built over a year ago so everything to do with them was if the database back up. The forms work using a custom controller which redirects depending on the page filled out. The SMTP was set up via gmail and all this was working on our dev site hosed on a different server.

So having a look at the issue I've checked all the files i.e controller and templates which all look correct. Ive then checked the nodes. Ive also set up mail gun and used that as the SMTP details still no luck.

Ive download all the file from the live server and set them up on the dev server. Ive pointed this new instance to the dev database with the new SMTP details and the form send and are been received.

So can a database influence the forms been sent via a controller on an Umbraco site or would it more likely been an issue with AWS blocking it?

Im looking at adding a copy of the live database back on the dev site and testing but am i just wasting my time and looking in the wrong area if the Database doesn't play a part?

Thank you, any points would be great

• Ambert van Unen 175 posts 817 karma points c-trib
    Feb 03, 2020 @ 19:25
    Ambert van Unen

I would first check the logs (if any), to see if it throws an error or not. Umbraco logs, firewall logs perhaps?

Especially if you say it works locally, I'd say something is blocked, or unreachable on the SMTP side from the server..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft