Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AndrewSimateo 1 post 71 karma points
    Feb 06, 2020 @ 16:31
    AndrewSimateo

Question on Website for Umbraco

Total newbie here and sorry for this amateurish question. I am about to design my own ecommerce website which will eventually be turned into Umbraco. I plan on using Adobe XD to get the aesthetics done. Question is...I keep hearing Umbraco is designed for mobile built in...what does that mean exactly? Should I just design the website in 1920px x 1080px, and when I convert to Umbraco, Umbraco will automatically reformat my website for various mobile devices? Or should I be designing the site in 1920px x 1080px, along with all over various mobile screen sizes?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 06, 2020 @ 18:38
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andrew and welcome to the forum :-)

Umbraco does not kind of magic out of the box so how your website will be displayed in the browser is all up to how it's being implemented from a frontend perspective.

So you should approach the design for your site as you would with any other CMS/Shop system providing designs for desktop, tablet and phone breakpoints.

I think what people mean when they're saying Umbraco is mobile friendly is that when you're logged into the backoffice where you create and edit your content for the website is because it works well between desktop, tablet and mobile breakpoints.

I hope this clears up things a bit.

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft