Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dean Wiseman 26 posts 115 karma points
    Feb 06, 2020 @ 19:33
    Dean Wiseman

Adding an Umbraco Website to a load balanced web cluster

Hi,

I need to deploy to a web site with a CMS developed using Umbraco 8.2.1 into a web cluster located behind an f5 front end loader. The front end loader is load balancing all the websites within the web cluster. Full file replication is happening on the web servers in the cluster and they are all exact copies of each other. Changes made on one web server is automatically replicated to the others within the cluster. The app data temp folder has been excluded from replication. Is the requirement to set up a master server by sending all back-office connections to a single web server (outside of the load balancer) still a required step for Umbraco version 8+ with full file replication enabled? I've been told that this isn't required if full file replication is in place. I would love to get some confirmation on this as I haven't been able to find anything that says this.

Anybody?

• Tal Winter 18 posts 48 karma points
    Dec 21, 2020 @ 07:27
    Tal Winter

I understand that unlike umbraco 7, umbraco 8 is using other methods to understand when caching is needed to be refreshed. You can add a new IServerRegistrar to register the admin as ServerRole.Master and the other fronts as ServerRole.Replica

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft