Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sjoerd Stottelaar 31 posts 189 karma points
    Feb 10, 2020 @ 08:11
    Sjoerd Stottelaar

uSync - Publishing content to other server doesn't work properly

I'm using the publish feature to push content from my local dev environment to our test server. This feature doesn't seem to work. When looking at the different environments in my local uSync settings, the server where I want to publish to is available. I then publish my content with these settings:

enter image description here

After publishing my content to the server, I get the following report:

enter image description here

As you can see it created and also the deletes the newly created nodes on the test environment. The parent node is published to the server, but without it's content.

When looking at the log files I can see the following warning: enter image description here

I can post my config if that's helpful. Any help would be appreciated!

• Kevin Jump 2309 posts 14673 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Feb 10, 2020 @ 10:01
    Kevin Jump

Hi Sjoerd,

The error you're getting looks a bit variant based. At the moment uSync Publisher isn't syncing the languages between the servers - so it might just be worth checking that both sites have the same languages installed.

I think we need to put a bit more logging around this bit! and change the behaviour a bit.

At the moment if a single property fails to import on a content item then they all do, (which is why it's blank).

Kevin

Feb 11, 2020 @ 09:41
    Sjoerd Stottelaar

Hi Kevin,

I'm working with a multilingual site, so that could be possible. I've double checked the languages on both local and our test environment, that seems to match. One thing I did notice is that multiple fields are mandatory. Since I only create one language for the pages I want to stage, could that be why uSync can't import the items? Maybe uSync tries to create the other languages, but can't save them because some fields are mandatory.

Update: I can't manual edit a page to the selected tree due to multilingual issues. For now it seems like it's not a uSync problem. I will report back when I found out what is the issue.

Feb 11, 2020 @ 10:05
    Kevin Jump

OK,

Mandatory fields shouldn't be a problem, because they are not actually checked on save in the back office (well they weren't last time I checked), so they should go in and then the page might not publish but the content would be there?

anyway keep us posted, if there is anything we can do to mitigate this, or even just point to the issue for others then we could add that to future versions.

in the meantime, uSync v8.5 (coming soon) will give a lot more feedback on this type of error so that might help too.

Feb 11, 2020 @ 10:51
    Sjoerd Stottelaar

I restored my local database to the test environment, that fixed the issue of manually adding content. Still the same issue in uSync. I removed the mandatory fields to be sure that's not the issue. I also updated uSync to the latest version, no luck.

We're working on an other project which also has this same issue, so it doesn't seem to concentrate on this project alone.

Any other suggestions as to what it could be?

Feb 14, 2020 @ 16:45
    Kevin Jump

Hi Sjoerd,

After our chats about it - This is fixed in 8.5!

it looks like for some reason the content has values stored against the properties that are not variant based, even though the properties are.

this is probably because the values where set before the languages and/or allow varying by culture settings where put on the content. These are not valid values but they are exposed when uSync does an export.

to fix this we now ignore these values if come across with the variant based values, if the file contains non-variant based properties and no culture ones, but the property expects a culture we will set the values for the default language.

Complicated, but in summary fixed.

Feb 17, 2020 @ 11:25
    Sjoerd Stottelaar

Hi Kevin,

Thanks a lot, we've tested it on our projects and I can confirm that it works. I'll mark this one as resolved.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft