Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rachel 2 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 11, 2020 @ 11:44
    Rachel

Change Copyright Text in Footer

Hi all,

First time user of Umbraco also not a dev, just a humble marketer so any replies I would appreciate if they could be in layman's terms!

I need to change the footer text on a website, but I'm really struggling to do so. I've located the footer within the CMS but it only includes the modern slavery statement, privacy notice, legal notice etc.

It has automatically updated the year to 2020 so I do have a suspicion that it's been hardcoded into the site when it was initially built (a process that myself and none of my colleagues were involved in so I really don't have much knowledge on this).

If it helps, the exact version is 7.4.1.

I have googled this question but no results are really giving me an answer that I can action.

I'd be grateful for any help!

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Feb 11, 2020 @ 12:59
    Dan Diplo

It's almost certainly been hardcoded into the "master" template for the site (which isn't uncommon for text that is global and usually doesn't change).

Unless you have access to the Settings area of Umbraco (where templates are located) you won't be able to edit this without getting into the code of the site. If you do have access to the Settings section then look for the root master template - I'd imagine it would be in the bottom of that area there.

Going forward, though, you're probably best off looking to the development team who built the site to support it - or finding a new agency who can provide this support.

• Rachel 2 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 11, 2020 @ 13:10
    Rachel

Hi Dan!

Thank you for this, I'll try have a look.

Regarding agency support, this is something we are looking into - current circumstance required things to be updated ASAP with no real time to acquire support

Really appreciate your response

• Mikael Axel Kleinwort 140 posts 484 karma points c-trib
    Feb 11, 2020 @ 19:42
    Mikael Axel Kleinwort

Rachel,

if you still need help with this issue, send me a message and I am happy to take a look, provided you have access to the backend or the server.

regards, Mikael

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft