Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John C Scott 473 posts 1183 karma points
    Feb 18, 2020 @ 12:13
    John C Scott

Examine / nuCache / Models

I am working on a v8 site with a very large number (50k+) of articles It's been upgraded from a number of previous CMS versions So I'm starting a big refactor

I'm curious about two questions... 1) To be performant - is it still best to use examine to search the articles or is nuCache equally performant to examine? EG find all articles with a certain tag (or a number of tags) in a tag collection document property

I would never have done this with NodeFactory or similar but how does nuCache compare is that what it is designed for- is it more like old fashioned xslt where the effort is in the query rather than inflating that being queried. Is examine for large data sets still necessary.

2) When rendering the results of the query (imagining say 1000 results and I want to show 50 at a time), what's the most performant way to turn these back into strong models? So in the past I might have passed 50 IDs at a time into an object that returned all the summary properties I need to display. If I just get all the properties is that relatively performant or is the default still fine with relatively larger sets of nodes?

Not really important but I'm also curious if people are generally finding 8 faster / better with large sets of articles.

• John C Scott 473 posts 1183 karma points
    Mar 13, 2020 @ 16:50
    John C Scott

apparently at Umbraco Spark in Bristol there was a session very much about this topic and the slides are shared here:

https://umbracospark.com/media/p0xgaq2u/querying-umbraco.pptx

conclusions are very much what I had hoped

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft