Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Levente Kosa 136 posts 352 karma points
    Feb 19, 2020 @ 11:40
    Levente Kosa

Error on live environment

Hi,

I just released my local website. Back-office is available, but on frontend I got this message: enter image description here

Should I modify something in live environment? My Umbraco version is 8.5.3.

Thanks in advance!

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Feb 19, 2020 @ 11:53
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

You should try rebuilding the sites models in the models builder tab in the settings dashboard. Assuming you can see all the the DocTypes and settings in the bakc office ?

Feb 19, 2020 @ 11:55
    Levente Kosa

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. I just checked Models Builder tab and I can see an error message: Failed to build PureLive models.

g:\pleskvhosts\foobar\httpdocs\App_Data\Models\all.generated.cs(75): error CS1002: ; expected

at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.Compile()
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild()
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetCompiledAssembly(String virtualPath)
    at Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Umbraco.PureLiveModelFactory.GetModelsAssembly(Boolean forceRebuild) in D:\d\Zbu ModelsBuilder\src\Umbraco.ModelsBuilder\Umbraco\PureLiveModelFactory.cs:line 447
    at Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Umbraco.PureLiveModelFactory.EnsureModels() in D:\d\Zbu ModelsBuilder\src\Umbraco.ModelsBuilder\Umbraco\PureLiveModelFactory.cs:line 283

Feb 19, 2020 @ 11:58
    Kevin Jump

Odd :( - maybe removing the app_data/models folder, and asking it to rebuild (maybe it got corrupt?)

Again assuming you've not added anything to that folder yourself?

Feb 19, 2020 @ 12:05
    Levente Kosa

I removed the folder, after pressing Reload button on the tab didn't generated the folder again, so I restarted the site. Folder came back, but with the same error on Models Builder :(

Feb 19, 2020 @ 12:08
    Kevin Jump

Sorry, not a models builder person :(

It might be worth seeing what is on line 75 of that file - it might be a property name or something ??

Feb 19, 2020 @ 12:08
    Levente Kosa

...I can see doctypes, everything

Feb 19, 2020 @ 12:15
    Levente Kosa

As you can assume, I'not an expert of this, but I can see this (row 70-79):

[global::System.CodeDom.Compiler.GeneratedCodeAttribute("Umbraco.ModelsBuilder", "8.1.0")]
    public new const string ModelTypeAlias = "base";
    [global::System.CodeDom.Compiler.GeneratedCodeAttribute("Umbraco.ModelsBuilder", "8.1.0")]
    public new const PublishedItemType ModelItemType = PublishedItemType.Content;
    public new static IPublishedContentType GetModelContentType()
        => PublishedModelUtility.GetModelContentType(ModelItemType, ModelTypeAlias);
    public static IPublishedPropertyType GetModelPropertyType<TValue>(Expression<Func<Base, TValue>> selector)
        => PublishedModelUtility.GetModelPropertyType(GetModelContentType(), selector);

So this is row 75:

public new static IPublishedContentType GetModelContentType()

Feb 19, 2020 @ 12:18
    Kevin Jump

Yeah that looks ok to me

Sorry i can't help more. :(

I think it might be a good idea to open a new question on the forum - specifically on the models builder error, it might attract some people with a bit more experience you know how to fix it.

Feb 19, 2020 @ 12:32
    Levente Kosa

It's ok, thanks anyway. One last thing, which may can be relevant.

It's a shared hosting, and it was an error before (couldn't access to back-office), so the support team commented out compilers within system.codedom, like this:

<system.codedom>
        <!--compilers>
          <compiler language="c#;cs;csharp" extension=".cs" type="Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.CSharpCodeProvider, Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform, Version=2.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" warningLevel="4" compilerOptions="/langversion:7 /nowarn:1659;1699;1701" />
          <compiler language="vb;vbs;visualbasic;vbscript" extension=".vb" type="Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.VBCodeProvider, Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform, Version=2.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" warningLevel="4" compilerOptions="/langversion:14 /nowarn:41008 /define:_MYTYPE=\&quot;Web\&quot; /optionInfer+" />
        </compilers!-->
      </system.codedom>

Feb 19, 2020 @ 15:41
    Levente Kosa

Hi,

It turned out it caused by this removed compiler (thanks GoDaddy shared hosting).

Unfortunately they have a policy: "This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator" and the compiler content needs to be removed.

After that I had to change Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.ModelsMode from PureLive value to AppData and remove

• Refaat Arean 1 post 71 karma points
    Oct 11, 2022 @ 09:15
    Refaat Arean

Hi Levente I have the Same Problem but I couldn't understand your solution. Could you please give me the steps?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft