Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ismini 14 posts 135 karma points
    Feb 21, 2020 @ 14:18
    ismini

template weird behaviour

Hi guys,

I want your help because I'm going crazy...

I have the following block code in my template:

if(@CurrentPage.HasValue("secondaryOfferImage")){
        secondaryOffer.ActionButtons = new ActionButtons() {
            Desktop = new ButtonItem() {
                Caption = @CurrentPage.secondaryActionButtons.ActionButtonDesktop[0].caption,
                Link = @CurrentPage.secondaryActionButtons.ActionButtonDesktop[0].link,
                OpenNewWindow = @CurrentPage.secondaryActionButtons.ActionButtonDesktop[0].newWindow
            },
            Mobile= new ButtonItem() {
                Caption = @CurrentPage.secondaryActionButtons.ActionButtonMobile[0].caption,
                Link = @CurrentPage.secondaryActionButtons.ActionButtonMobile[0].link,
                OpenNewWindow = @CurrentPage.secondaryActionButtons.ActionButtonMobile[0].newWindow
            },
            ActionName = @CurrentPage.secondaryActionButtons.ActionButtonNameNativeApps,
            ActionLink = @CurrentPage.secondaryActionButtons.ActionButtonLinkNativeApps
        };

secondaryOffer.Title = @CurrentPage.secondaryTitle;
        secondaryOffer.Description = @CurrentPage.secondaryDescription.ToString();
        secondaryOffer.OfferImage = @Umbraco.Media(Convert.ToString(CurrentPage.secondaryOfferImage)).Url;
    }

Everything worked perfectly until I decided to move the last three lines over the secondaryOffer.ActionButtons, that is, the code was as follows:

if(@CurrentPage.HasValue("secondaryOfferImage")){
        secondaryOffer.Title = @CurrentPage.secondaryTitle;
        secondaryOffer.Description = @CurrentPage.secondaryDescription.ToString();
        secondaryOffer.OfferImage = @Umbraco.Media(Convert.ToString(CurrentPage.secondaryOfferImage)).Url;
        secondaryOffer.ActionButtons = new ActionButtons() {
            Desktop = new ButtonItem() {
                Caption = @CurrentPage.secondaryActionButtons.ActionButtonDesktop[0].caption,
                Link = @CurrentPage.secondaryActionButtons.ActionButtonDesktop[0].link,
                OpenNewWindow = @CurrentPage.secondaryActionButtons.ActionButtonDesktop[0].newWindow
            },
            Mobile= new ButtonItem() {
                Caption = @CurrentPage.secondaryActionButtons.ActionButtonMobile[0].caption,
                Link = @CurrentPage.secondaryActionButtons.ActionButtonMobile[0].link,
                OpenNewWindow = @CurrentPage.secondaryActionButtons.ActionButtonMobile[0].newWindow
            },
            ActionName = @CurrentPage.secondaryActionButtons.ActionButtonNameNativeApps,
            ActionLink = @CurrentPage.secondaryActionButtons.ActionButtonLinkNativeApps
        };
    }

What the hell ?! :|

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Feb 21, 2020 @ 16:10
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

I think its the '@' symbols.

you don't need them when you are assigning values - the '@' is short hand razor is using to write out to the page, as you are assigning things you can/should remove it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft