Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bianca Eilertsen 2 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 21, 2020 @ 22:08
    Bianca Eilertsen

SOVLED - V8 A connection string is configured but Umbraco could not connect to the database.

I created a demo page yesterday, and uploaded it to smarterasp.net today, and the site that works in localhost gets the following error when live;

enter image description here

Anyone got any tips on how to fix this?

• Neil Hodges 338 posts 987 karma points
    Feb 23, 2020 @ 11:13
    Neil Hodges

Hi Bianca

This usually pertains to the connection string in the sites web.config cannot connect to the Umbraco database.

I would first check that the connections string is pointing to the correct DB and has the correct username and password to connect.

If you look in the log files it should give you more information about the problem, this is usually in your App_Data folder

• Bianca Eilertsen 2 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 24, 2020 @ 06:42
    Bianca Eilertsen

I was able to fix the problem by re-uploading it, but thanks for the tips!

• LUTAAYA HUZAIFAH IDRIS 2 posts 71 karma points
    Jun 04, 2020 @ 21:37
    LUTAAYA HUZAIFAH IDRIS

Actually me am using Azure and facing the same issue, my app was previously working well, but over a sudden I got this same error, yet my connections strings are correct. Am using version 8.1.2

• Damien Holley 179 posts 540 karma points
    May 26, 2021 @ 23:06
    Damien Holley

I had the same issue, everything is correct and unchanged, suddenly the connection string stops working.

• Neil Hodges 338 posts 987 karma points
    May 27, 2021 @ 08:03
    Neil Hodges

Hi Damien

Are you able to have a look in the Log files to see if it gives any more information?

• Damien Holley 179 posts 540 karma points
    May 28, 2021 @ 07:12
    Damien Holley

Nothing useful was in the log files.

I ended up deleting all uncommitted changes and it started working again, I believe it was something to do with Forms migrations, as that came up a couple of times.

On comparing the uncommitted changes and the base there was nothing in the files that should have caused this. Nothing touching forms, nor the db connections.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft