Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jojo V 64 posts 166 karma points
    Feb 24, 2020 @ 10:26
    Jojo V

Production setup - speed problem

Hello,

I put Umbraco 8.5 into production and I have a speed problem. I have these things set:

• IIS 7
      • Idle Time Out 0
      • Start Mode AlwaysRunning
      • Recyclacion at 23:50
    • Umbraco
      • Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.ModelsMode to LiveAppData

What else needs to be set to make Umbraco "not sleep" and work fast?

I also have a problem with the first load lasting a few seconds (10 - 20s). Other requests go fast (a few ms). But after some time the request again takes a long time. It's random.

Can you help me?

Well thank you.

• Joep 96 posts 698 karma points
    Feb 25, 2020 @ 08:20
    Joep

Hi,

Are you quering any content by using XPath? I have had some performance issues on the first request it does after a App Pool recycle. I fixed it by removing those queries and using the ContentCache instead.

-Joep

Feb 25, 2020 @ 08:39
    Jojo V

Hi,

I use XPath in some custom functions, but I also have this problem in BackOffice :/ or in other custom functions ( API ) where I don't have XPATH they have these problems too.

• Joep 96 posts 698 karma points
    Feb 25, 2020 @ 08:53
    Joep

Hi,

Try to debug it by using the built-in miniprofiler. Here you can see all the actions a page load triggers and how much time it needs to complete. You can activate this by enabeling it from the backoffice.

-Joep

Feb 25, 2020 @ 09:16
    Jojo V

This will be a problem because I have my own REST API controller. I don't use umbraco views on the frontend.

Can I implement / return miniprofiler data to my own functions (custom api rest controller - UmbracoApiController)?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft