Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bal 10 posts 100 karma points
    Feb 26, 2020 @ 13:17
    Bal

Hello Umbraco Community,

I am using Umbraco version 7.7.2 assembly: 1.0.6484.21641. Current installed version of Umbraco Forms: "6.0.3". I have a form created with various fields. An external accessibility audit is flagging up 'Ensure form controls have labels WCAG A 1.3.1' People using screen readers are not able to see the layout of a form. To make forms accessible, they must define explicit text labels for each form control. The Submit button and reCaptcha are also being picked up with the same.

I can see in the code there is a label but with a key ''

Obviously this in not very friendly for screen readers. How can I edit this Label in the form builder? Can I even add a more friendly Label?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

Bal

• Matthew Wise 271 posts 1373 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Feb 26, 2020 @ 13:40
    Matthew Wise

Hi Bal,

Umbraco forms renders the views in this folder: Views/Partials/Forms/

If you have a theme selected you will need to look in the folder for a Form.cshtml otherwise it will be using the one in the Default theme or in the of the the file path above.

When downloading the Files zip for the version you metioned labels are all set up with for and matching ids - https://our.umbraco.com/packages/developer-tools/umbraco-forms/

Render.cshtml is the starting point to create the form element. So you can see how the Id is set and do the same on the submit buttons for.

Recaptha maybe more difficult to fix.

• Bal 10 posts 100 karma points
    Mar 05, 2020 @ 09:48
    Bal

Thanks Matt, we'll give this a go. We're using the Default theme and don't have any others set up. Many thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft