Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian 10 posts 60 karma points
    Feb 27, 2020 @ 13:11
    Brian

Authorization error: Unauthorized access to URL: /backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/PostSave

I'm receiving this authorization error when saving some nodes but not others. I've found that if a node has a Richtext Editor and a style tag is applied to the text in the editor, I receive this error. If I remove the style tag I'm able to successfully save and publish the node. If I reapply the style tag I receive the error again.

Permissions are set correctly on the App_Data folder so I'm not sure where else to look. I've also noticed that clicking the Users menu option in the back office gives me a different authorization error, Authorization error: Unauthorized access to URL: /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/UserGroups/GetUserGroups.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this error. Everything works fine on my local development box. I only receive this error when moving my project to the production server. I also find nothing in the Umbraco logs or the server Application log.

• Brian 10 posts 60 karma points
    Mar 24, 2020 @ 15:27
    Brian

Thought I would update this in case it helps anyone else. Turns out there was a firewall that was blocking some requests but not all.

For instance, some images would upload but some wouldn't. Also, any node with richtext editor that contained a style attribute would throw the error.

I verified this by watching the IIS logs when trying to upload an image that I knew would fail. I never saw the request hit the website via the logs but I would see the request for images I knew would work.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft