Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luis Oliveira 21 posts 141 karma points
    Feb 27, 2020 @ 15:11
    Luis Oliveira

Hi everyone

I'm preparing a website to go live next couple days and i have searching in this community some tips and advices what we should do to go live with website. One of tips mention the Culture and Hostnames do add a domain in our project. My question / doubt are: Should i add this domain before go live or doesn't have any impact if i not add it.? My project are already on server. If you have other tips to give feel free.

Thanks in advace for your help and comments Luis

• John C Scott 473 posts 1183 karma points
    Feb 27, 2020 @ 15:35
    John C Scott

It is not necessary to add the hostname here for go live.

This is only needed when you have multiple hostnames pointing to the site and have multiple root nodes in the content tree where each hostname (eg mysite.de & mysite.ie) reach different root content nodes.

• Luis Oliveira 21 posts 141 karma points
    Feb 27, 2020 @ 16:04
    Luis Oliveira

Hi John

Thanks for your comment about my question.

So the Culture and Hostname, is not necessary add the domain website. My project are already on my supplier server to go live on next 29 Feb.

My doubt was, if i don't add this domain, the website could be not visible or have problems to access by users.

Br Luis

• John C Scott 473 posts 1183 karma points
    Feb 27, 2020 @ 16:13
    John C Scott

No is not necessary.

Unless you have more than one domain and they are showing different websites that are served by the same Umbraco CMS.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft