Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ken Burcham 9 posts 100 karma points c-trib
    Feb 28, 2020 @ 16:22
    Ken Burcham

User group limiting start nodes shows two trees in content

Hi,

I'm new to Umbraco and trying to setup my first site (Umbraco v8.5.4). I want to create user groups for each department so that they can only manage content under their own folder.

I created a group "Department TPO" and set the "Content start node" to a particular node (a "folder" document type I created). Then created a user in that group.

Next, I login as that user and in the content tree, they are indeed scoped to the folder, however the content tree shows with two roots: one, locating their folder as a tree under "Home" and a second showing just their scoped node as a root.

enter image description here

I think this will be confusing for my users. How can I get it to show just the scoped node as the root? In other words, in the screenshot, how can I hide the "Home" and below? Or, if that isn't possible, how could I hide the other?

Also, the user can create and edit nodes under the TPO node just fine under either tree. However, under the Home tree, the nodes they can access and edit are greyed out, even though they have permission to view and edit them. That seems strange, too...

Thanks! ken.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft