Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Josip 195 posts 662 karma points c-trib
    Mar 02, 2020 @ 18:39
    Josip

Multiple websites with same login for members

I have 2 websites, each website have its own registration and login form, members etc.

What i need:

When member with existing account on website1 want to create account on website2, should be able to create that account with one click in his dashboard in website1 and vice versa.

After that when he have accounts created on both websites, and if he is logged in , should be able to switch beetwen this websites without login again.

Members can login with same username and password on both login forms.

I dont have any idea where to start. Any input and advice would be appriciated.

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Mar 05, 2020 @ 06:48
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi Josip,

You can create 2 group for website 1 user and website 2 user. So, when user registers from website 1 then create a member with group website 1.

Now, when user from dashboard of website 1 want to switch to website 2 then you need to add website 2 for that user in the member group programatically. So, user will have access to both the website.

Thereafter, you can create a AJAX service and POST information to website 2 with GUID this will create the session for this user on website 2.

Now, simply redirect page to new website and user will find them already logged in.

This way it will not compromise on security too.

Cheers, Shaishav

Mar 05, 2020 @ 12:56
    Josip

Hi Shaishav,

So when User is going to register on website1 or website2, I would create accounts on both Umbraco instances, or there is better way to handle it? (note: members on website1 and website2, have different properties).

Thereafter, you can create a AJAX service and POST information to website 2 with GUID this will create the session for this user on website 2.

Do you know any example have to do this part?

BR

Josip

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Mar 05, 2020 @ 13:30
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi Josip,

I thought you are running both the websites from same Umbraco Installation. Is it not the case?

Cheers,

Shaishav

Mar 05, 2020 @ 14:53
    Josip

They are on the same server but different Umbraco instalations.

BR

Josip

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft