Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeroen Vantroyen 54 posts 394 karma points c-trib
    Mar 16, 2020 @ 18:23
    Jeroen Vantroyen

AzureStorage issue when using DependencyTracking

Hi,

weird one. Here's hoping someone has had it, or something similar, before I start debugging the FS.Azure package.

I wanted to start tracking REST calls in ApplicationInsights, so I enabled DependencyTracking with the following two lines.

var depModule = new DependencyTrackingTelemetryModule();
     depModule.Initialize(TelemetryConfiguration.Active);

During boot, however, I get the following error during the CreateContainer() method on Our.Umbraco.FileSystemProviders.Azure.AzureFileSystem.

It's like the DependencyTracking is ruining the REST call, but it's maybe to quick to say that's the culprit.

Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details.
    -> Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Boot failed.
    -> Microsoft.Azure.Storage.StorageException: Server failed to authenticate the request. Make sure the value of Authorization header is formed correctly including the signature.
    at Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Core.Executor.Executor.<ExecuteAsync>d__1`1.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Core.Executor.Executor.<>c__DisplayClass0_0`1.<ExecuteSync>b__0()
    at Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Core.Util.CommonUtility.RunWithoutSynchronizationContext[T](Func`1 actionToRun)
    at Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Core.Executor.Executor.ExecuteSync[T](RESTCommand`1 cmd, IRetryPolicy policy, OperationContext operationContext)
    at Our.Umbraco.FileSystemProviders.Azure.AzureFileSystem.CreateContainer(CloudBlobClient cloudBlobClient, String containerName, BlobContainerPublicAccessType accessType)
    .... //snipped

• Jeroen Vantroyen 54 posts 394 karma points c-trib
    Mar 16, 2020 @ 18:46
    Jeroen Vantroyen

Don't you love it when ppl answer their own questions?

I always tell ppl to update packages to the latest version before trying to understand/report/fix problems, but somehow I forgot my own advice in this case.

Just updated to Microsoft.ApplicationInsights 2.13.1 and the problem went away.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft