Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Mar 16, 2020 @ 22:14
    Chris Mahoney

Save as Umbraco Document not working, and no workflows shown

Hi,

I've upgraded an Umbraco 7.5.14 site from Contour to Forms 4.4.7 (using the Umbraco Forms Migration package) and I've run into a couple of issues.

• A form that uses the 'Save as Umbraco document' workflow isn't saving. When you submit the form, the data goes into the 'Entries' area, but the associated Umbraco document doesn't get created. There are no errors shown to the user and there doesn't appear to be anything relevant in UmbracoTraceLog.txt.
    • The other issue is that if I click 'configure workflow' then click 'Add workflow', the resulting 'Choose workflow' list is empty.

Here's what I've tried so far:

• Completely removing and reinstalling Forms 4.4.7 doesn't help. This wipes out all existing forms and starts 'fresh', but no workflows appear, and therefore I can't make a new form and can't test the Save as Document workflow.
    • Updating the whole site to Umbraco 7.15.3 plus Forms 7.3.1 also doesn't help. The workflows still don't show up.
    • It doesn't appear to be a permissions issue. I've tried the 'subtle' technique of granting Full Control to Everyone, but there are still no workflows shown.

I'm not sure what to try next. Help! :)

Edit: Sorry about this being in the wrong forum; I've tried twice, selecting Umbraco Forms both times, and it insists on posting here in Getting Started instead...

Mar 18, 2020 @ 02:14
    Chris Mahoney

I tell a lie! There is something in the log after all. When I click 'Add workflow', the following pops up in there:

2020-03-18 15:13:22,997 [P2340/D3/T28] ERROR Umbraco.Forms.Web.Editors.WorkflowController - Unhandled controller exception occurred
    System.Reflection.CustomAttributeFormatException: 'control' field specified was not found. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeModule decoratedModule, Int32 decoratedMetadataToken, Int32 pcaCount, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, IList derivedAttributes, Boolean isDecoratedTargetSecurityTransparent)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeModule decoratedModule, Int32 decoratedMetadataToken, Int32 pcaCount, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, IList derivedAttributes, Boolean isDecoratedTargetSecurityTransparent)
       at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimePropertyInfo property, RuntimeType caType)
       at Umbraco.Forms.Core.WorkflowType.Settings()
       at Umbraco.Forms.Web.Editors.WorkflowController.GetAllWorkflowTypesWithSettings()
       at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass6_2.<GetExecutor>b__2(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Any ideas about what could cause this?

Apr 03, 2020 @ 00:20
    Chris Mahoney

Where are the default workflows (Change Record State, Post as XML, etc.) actually defined? I've tried to find them (to make sure that they're actually there in the broken install) but can't find them at all, even in my working fresh install.

Edit: Looks like they're inside Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.dll, so I'm going down the wrong track here. However, I've found that it gets the list by doing GET /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoForms/Workflow/GetAllWorkflowTypesWithSettings. It appears that it's this request that's failing.

Edit 2: After hooking up Fiddler, I've confirmed that it's the call to GetAllWorkflowTypesWithSettings that's generating the exception shown above. But how do I debug this?

Apr 03, 2020 @ 03:18
    Chris Mahoney

OK! After going through everything with a fine-toothed comb, I finally tracked this down to the Umbraco 4-era 'Attackmonkey Remove Duplicate Entries' package that was sitting in the bowels of the site. Removing that has fixed the issue, and I can set up workflows again!

Edit: For anyone that stumbles upon this thread... to get 'Save as Umbraco content node' working again I had to delete that step out of the workflow and re-add it; if I just tried to edit the existing step then no document types showed up.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft