Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Saif Obeidat 76 posts 286 karma points
    17 days ago
    Saif Obeidat

How to add node ID to a node's URL dynamically

Hello,

Anyone knows how to implement something like the Umbraco Forums topics URLs.

as you can see below, Umbraco Forum adds node ID as a prefix to the URL.

enter image description here

I've read before, that this can be done by UmbracoUrlName, where you can customize a URL, but I need it dynamically, without the need to edit a node each time.

• Marc Goodson 1118 posts 7507 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    1 week ago
    Marc Goodson

Hi Saif

You can plugin your own logic to how a Url is generated in Umbraco for a particular type of page, you can do this by creating a custom UrlProvider and ContentFinder, to specify the rules for generating the Url and then mapping that incoming Url to the content.

But you can also customise the logic that generates a particular 'segment' of a url - by creating a custom UrlSegmentProvider... there is an example in the documentation of adding a 'product id sku' to the segment of the Url - see here:

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Reference/Routing/Request-Pipeline/outbound-pipeline#example

That might be relevant to what you are trying to achieve.

regards

Marc

1 week ago
    Saif Obeidat

We have dealt with this issue by creating an UmbracoURLName property, and we've set an event on nodes creation, so we fill UmbracoURLName with the updated URL each time a node gets created. But I think your solutions makes more sense and reliable, we will check it and apply it. Thanks Marc!

1 week ago
    Saif Obeidat

This great documentation https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Reference/Routing/Request-Pipeline/outbound-pipeline#example helped us in generating a particular segment, Thanks Marc.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft