Usync: Second Pass Fail:

When importing (usync) I get this error with some content items:

Second Pass Fail:

How do I solve this?enter image description here

• Kevin Jump 2311 posts 14696 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Mar 18, 2020 @ 14:51
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

Is there anything in the logs - the most likely thing is there was a failure setting a property on the item, this should be in the umbraco logs.

If there isn't you can turn logging up by adding the line below to the serilog.config file.

<add key="serilog:minimum-level:override:uSync8" value="Debug" />

Kevin

• MaartenVissers 32 posts 150 karma points
    Mar 18, 2020 @ 15:17
    MaartenVissers

Thanks for your reply!

Where do I find the log file? I've added the key and I'm able to find the serlilog.config file. I see a reference to UmbracoTraceLog.%MACHINENAME%..json in there. (which in my case is: UmbracoTraceLog.ABCLPT013.20200318.json)

I see a lot of messages in there, but its not very organized. Do I have to look for another file?

Mar 18, 2020 @ 15:20
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

Yeah its all JSON now :(

but you can view/search them inside umbraco, in the settings section there is a log viewer entry that shows you it cleaner.

Mar 18, 2020 @ 15:22
    MaartenVissers

Oh oke, thanks. :)

This is the error in the logviewer:

enter image description here

Mar 18, 2020 @ 15:27
    Kevin Jump

Yeah

Is it possible that these content items don't have the parent item the right place, is it in the trash ? or missing.

Kevin

Mar 18, 2020 @ 15:39
    MaartenVissers

No, that's not the case. :(

Mar 18, 2020 @ 15:46
    MaartenVissers

I don't really get this:

Second Import Failed: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot save a non-current version.

Mar 18, 2020 @ 15:48
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

the error looks like its happening in HandleTrashedState method : ( https://github.com/KevinJump/uSync8/blob/v8/8.2/uSync8.ContentEdition/Serializers/ContentSerializer.cs#L196 )

This is here to mange what happens when a config file and the item in umbraco don't agree on where the item should be.

So when an item is trashed, but the .config file says it isn't uSync will attempt to move the item back out of the recycle bin.

when the item isn't trashed but .config file says it should be uSync will put it into the recycle bin.

it looks like its the first one, so the .config file says the item isn't trashed,

<Trashed>false</Trashed>

but the item is in the recycle bin -

So uSync it attempting to move it back, i am guessing the trashed parent lookup isn't working :( so it can't move it back because the parent ins't been found.

I would take a look, if these items are in the recycle bin, move them back manually to where you think they should be and resync.

if they are not in the bin, then there is something else going on because Umbraco thinks they are.... try saving one in umbraco and then reimporting to see if that fixes anything.

Kevin

Mar 18, 2020 @ 16:07
    MaartenVissers

There's a file that keeps coming back and I have to delete it over and over again. I think it has something to do with that. The file shouldn't be in there anymore but usync keeps on importing it. (The file is called Category1). The status of "trashed" was indeed false.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft