Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pedro Mendes 53 posts 258 karma points
    Mar 23, 2020 @ 18:35
    Pedro Mendes

GetBigThumbnail returning "file is outside this filesystem's root"

Hey there,

We have an Umbraco application in a virtual directory and we've recently upgraded it from 7.14.0 to 7.15.4.

After the upgrade, all thumbnails in umbraco (nodes' props and media dialogs) started to be fetched from

https://{my_site}/{my_umbraco_in_vDir}/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Images/GetBigThumbnail?originalImagePath=%2Fmedia%2F1001%2FimageName.jpg

which returns a 500 stating that "'/media/1001/imageName.jpg' is outside this filesystem's root" and so no images are displayed.

However, if I change the originalImagePath querystring to %2F{myumbracoin_vDir}%2Fmedia%2F1001%2FimageName.jpg, the image is returned.

The media itself and the website's frontend show all the images with no issues.

Has anyone ever came across this issue? Is it an issue or is it some umbraco-inside-a-virtual-directory configuration that I'm missing?

Thanks, Pedro

Apr 02, 2020 @ 17:29
    Pedro Mendes

bump

anyone? :)

Apr 07, 2020 @ 18:46
    Pedro Mendes

re-bump :'(

• Jarno 21 posts 152 karma points
    May 07, 2020 @ 09:08
    Jarno

anyone? :)

• Yisca 2 posts 72 karma points notactivated
    Aug 06, 2020 @ 10:05
    Yisca

did you find a solution for this problem ? I am in version 7.15.5 and facing the same problem

• Yisca 2 posts 72 karma points notactivated
    Sep 03, 2020 @ 07:29
    Yisca

so I found that my problem was using Physical path medias folder - media path that is not relative to site root. I saw that the images saved with null value in the cmsmedia table and I guess it also related to the fact the the path is not relative to the site url. anyway it is not only view problem. I didn't find solution for using Physical path medias, so I just changed to virtual folder named media that pointing my Physical media folder and this virtual folder is relative to the site root. in the FileSystemProviders.config I defined it like this: <add key="virtualRoot" value="~/media/" /> In this way everything works perfectly , the images saved with valid relative path value in the cmsMedia. and display both in backend and frontend . It seems that this umbraco version don't know how to handle media path that not relative to the site root - anyway I didnt find solution for this point. I think umbraco has to support that option, it is part of the documentation so maybe I missed some definition.

Sep 07, 2020 @ 11:16
    Pedro Mendes

I ended up reverting the upgrade. I have not found a solution for this issue :\

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft