Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gordon Saxby 1444 posts 1855 karma points
    Mar 25, 2020 @ 17:01
    Gordon Saxby

RichTextEditor removes some tags

My local dev site seems to have the problem, but the staging and live sites do not.

All heading tags work (are left in the RTE) except for h3. All img tags are removed. I have tried setting the header style using the dropdown and by manually editing the HTML. The same for the image - I have tried using the toolbar button to add an image and manually entering the HTML myself.

The weird thing is that it is only my local site that doesn't work. I have tried to compare all config files, etc, from a working site but all looks OK.

I have restarted the site in IIS, I have updated ClientDependency.config.

Existing content is still there (have checked in the database), but it gets stripped as soon as it is loaded into the RTE.

Any ideas where to look / what to check?

• Yakov Lebski 549 posts 2113 karma points
    Mar 25, 2020 @ 20:02
    Yakov Lebski

please check your tinyMceConfig.config

look on validElements it contains all elements that allowed in RTE

• Dhanesh kumar mj 18 posts 134 karma points
    Mar 25, 2020 @ 20:13
  • Gordon Saxby 1444 posts 1855 karma points
    Mar 26, 2020 @ 08:14
    Gordon Saxby

Just to reiterate:

I have tried to compare all config files, etc, from a working site but all looks OK.

I have used a file comparison tool to check that the tinyMceConfig.config file is exactly the same on my local (non working) site and the Staging (working) site.

I have tried comparing the entire site files but nothing obvious has shown up.

This is very puzzling :-(

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft