Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ruben verschueren 4 posts 84 karma points
    Apr 01, 2020 @ 09:01
    Ruben verschueren

modify the umbraco top navigation

A bit of a silly question, but is there a way to make the back end top navigation longer? I installed uCommerce, which adds another item in the top navigation. I guess there is a size limit as this is now hidden behind an ellipsis.

Seems to me there is ample room, so I would like to avoid that as I have to click twice now to open it (oh the humanity!).

I'm looking through the documentation, but haven't found an answer so far.

enter image description here

• Marc Goodson 2136 posts 14298 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Apr 01, 2020 @ 19:50
    Marc Goodson

Hi Ruben

It looks like this was 'fixed' recently:

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/pull/7830

The PR varies the number of items visible based on the container width.

It's scheduled to be released in the 'next' version v8.7

Currently the 'number of items' is hardcoded to be 8, in the sections directive, in a variable called 'maxSections' - so if you were desperate now to have Ucommerce at the top level, if you found the file umbraco.directives.js located in /umbraco/Js folder in your solution - searched for 'maxSections' (it's on line 1196 in my file) and update the value to be 9...

var maxSections = 9;

increment the Client Dependency version in the /config/clientdependency.config file and reload your browser... then I think that would prevent the ... appearing 'just' for Ucommerce...

regards

Marc

• Ruben verschueren 4 posts 84 karma points
    Apr 02, 2020 @ 06:09
    Ruben verschueren

Thanks Marc! I must confess I hadn't done all the research I could have. I still have the, sorry for swearing, Sitecore mindset from previous projects so I'm getting used to Umbraco and where all config etc. is located. I should really take some time to read all documentation and watch the videos.

• Marc Goodson 2136 posts 14298 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Apr 02, 2020 @ 07:37
    Marc Goodson

Hi Ruben

No problem, the hive mind at work!

the setting in the javascript isn't really a documented configuration option, and you shouldn't really be making edits here, as a future upgrade would remove them... but since a future upgrade will also fix the functionality in question, it's sort of safe to do so...

regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft