Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• andrew shearer 506 posts 653 karma points
    Apr 02, 2020 @ 19:40
    andrew shearer

UX suggestion: improvement to publishing dialog in umbraco 8

Hi

We have an umbraco 8 site using variants with 10+ languages. When the content editor is publishing a page the “Ready to Publish?” dialog presents every available language to them even if they only made changes to 1 (the typical case), so it becomes a bit overwhelming.

Is it possible for this dialog to only show the languages that have pending changes? If a full language list is still required for other reasons/use cases then maybe the content editor could click a button to reveal these (but they are hidden by default).

In summary, the point just being that the majority use case is that the content editor typically only needs to see the languages with pending changes to publish.

Thanks

Andrew

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 02, 2020 @ 20:09

Hey andrew, sounds like a good suggestion, best is to place this on the issue tracker on github https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues

Maybe add a screenshot?

Apr 02, 2020 @ 20:14

I do think it is also planned to be able to limit the amount of languages a editor can see/edit... since I don't think 1 editor will be responsible for all languages

Apr 02, 2020 @ 20:19
    andrew shearer

enter image description here

Apr 02, 2020 @ 20:20

omg :p yeah go add it to the issue tracker...

Apr 02, 2020 @ 20:43
    andrew shearer

ok thanks Tim - i'll put it in the issue tracker :)

yes that is a good point about permissions. I had asked about that and it seems there is already an issue tracker ticket for that too which is good :) https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started//101276-umbraco-8-language-variants-and-user-group-permission-control

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft