Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Petr 14 posts 44 karma points
    Apr 13, 2020 @ 10:33
    Petr

Lucene (Examine?) crashes U8 running from Visual Studio

Hi all!
    Suddenly U8 (from Visual Studio) randomly (?) crashes ... without clear reason. Most recently when simply returning to the previous page in browser. On Lucene ... No idea what to do. Could it be a damaged configuration? Or how to reset. It is terribly delaying. No problem on production site. Thanks in advance.

The error reported
    Lucene.Net.Index.MergePolicy.MergeException HResult=0x80131501 Message=Exception of type 'Lucene.Net.Index.MergePolicy+MergeException' was thrown. Source=Lucene.Net StackTrace: at Lucene.Net.Index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler.HandleMergeException(Exception exc) in d:\Lucene.Net\FullRepo\trunk\src\core\Index\ConcurrentMergeScheduler.cs:line 430 at Lucene.Net.Index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler.MergeThread.Run() in d:\Lucene.Net\FullRepo\trunk\src\core\Index\ConcurrentMergeScheduler.cs:line 393 at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

This exception was originally thrown at this call stack: Lucene.Net.Index.IndexWriter.HandleMergeException(System.Exception, Lucene.Net.Index.MergePolicy.OneMerge) in IndexWriter.cs Lucene.Net.Index.IndexWriter.Merge(Lucene.Net.Index.MergePolicy.OneMerge) in IndexWriter.cs Lucene.Net.Index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler.DoMerge(Lucene.Net.Index.MergePolicy.OneMerge) in ConcurrentMergeScheduler.cs Lucene.Net.Index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler.MergeThread.Run() in ConcurrentMergeScheduler.cs

Inner Exception 1: IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

• Dhanesh kumar mj 18 posts 134 karma points
    Apr 13, 2020 @ 14:05
    Dhanesh kumar mj

Hi Petr,

it's Strange issue, recently I have an issue with VS2017 , when I attach the application with IIS then VS automatically closed, and this is now fixed by updating the VS to 2019.

Which version are you using? Did you installed any new package? please remove the existing lucene reference from the project and build and add it again and try.

May this helps

• Petr 14 posts 44 karma points
    Apr 13, 2020 @ 15:38
    Petr

Thank you very much. Latest version VS 2019 & latest version U8. Not sure about new packages (I've updated, but earlier). I have tried ... and probably it (reference to Lucene) has helped ... I do not understand ... really crazy ...

... how this can change anything?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft