Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Polsenols 4 posts 44 karma points
    Apr 16, 2020 @ 17:32
    Polsenols

App_Plugins javascript files do not updated on publish

I'm having an issue where my plugin javascript files do not get published for some reason. All the html files and CSS style gets updated in the plugin, but the javascript still uses an old one.

Things I've tried: Changing javascript file name and updating it in manifest. Deleting cache, opening in incognito mode

I would really appreciate it if someone could point out why it is not working. One weird thing is that it works fine on my local server, but when I publish it to a different server (azurewebsites) the javascript does not want to update.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 16, 2020 @ 21:27
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi,

How do you render js files? Can you show some code? What do you mean by publishing? Is it publish via VS or what?

Did you include files in the project or?

• Tim Miller 32 posts 252 karma points
    Apr 16, 2020 @ 22:37
    Tim Miller

If you navigate directly to the JS file using it's full path (like: https://www.DOMAIN.com/App_Plugins/PluginFolder/FileName.js) are your updates there? The JS in the back office runs through the dependency handler and get's cached that way. You can try incrementing the clientDependency version in Config/ClientDependency.confg. That should trigger it to recompile the JS.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft