Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mov3nforward 117 posts 319 karma points
    Apr 16, 2020 @ 20:18
    Mov3nforward

When is Umbraco 7.15.5 coming?!?

When is Umbraco 7.15.5 coming? It has been at "89%" for weeks and the image feature is broken! 8.X are constantly rolling out while 7.X is dragging. I need the fix for the image issue in 7.15.4 as soon as possible. My clients are getting impatient to update images on their sites. If this was any other CMS, things like adding images to a site don't break. This has been an issue since we updated to 7.15. Either the image links for the custom folder has been broken or component to add a image to a page is broken. It's never been fixed properly.

Apr 21, 2020 @ 15:48
    Mov3nforward

Hello....????

• Asembli 80 posts 253 karma points
    Apr 22, 2020 @ 07:52
    Asembli

Hi,

Version 7 will generally no longer be upgraded (see umbraco download section). 7.15.3 was the last one - then the fix for ClientDependency was in 7.15.4 - now we're only waiting for 7.15.5 where (hopefully) the fix for memory leak will be.

Yes, the media library picker has changed and there is nothing to do - but to fix it by yourself. I didn't detect any other problems with the media library - unless I don't know something. Can you report what exaclty doesn't work? Maybe I have hint for you.

My personal opinion is that there were quite a few good solutions on version 7 - but the biggest problem with Umbraco is always the smooth upgrade.

It's hard to ask for an upgrade now because it's open source - unless you have a paid subcsription.

/Asembli

Apr 22, 2020 @ 21:03
    Mov3nforward

If Umbraco wants to be considered a professional platform and have people like me who build 20 websites per year recommend and continue using Umbraco, they need to get their act together and put out quality builds. We, as business people are not asking too much for the CMS to simply work from release to release. NOTHING should break unexpectingly like media / image components because they are common to our end users. When they fail, we are left to figure out why something broke and provide a fix. We are then left with hours of unbillable time to fix something that SHOULD NOT be broken to begin with. If I have to fix something that was not broken until I upgraded and it is a known bug, Umbraco HQ should do the right thing and fix their CMS. As a business decision, I need to be able to rely on a CMS and not have to worry or second guess it EVERY SINGLE TIME THERE IS AN UPDATE. Their tag line will become "Umbraco...The CMS that is like a box of chocolates, you'll never know what you'll get." This business of using the Umbraco cloud is not a working solution because we have client that need to ftp things into the server sometimes and having a sales person use a git repo is not going to happen.

• Steve Morgan 1345 posts 4452 karma points c-trib
    Apr 22, 2020 @ 08:33
    Steve Morgan

What is the image bug you're seeing? I've upgraded a client to 7.15.5 and we've not seen an issue though there are some custom image upload bits on their site so we might be side stepping it.

Apr 22, 2020 @ 13:55
    Mov3nforward

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/6441

We have a custom media folder for SEO reasons and the images are now broken and have been since we upgrade to 7.15.3. This is a real issue and should have not been for this release. The devs at Umbraco either broke something or left it out. Either way, 7.15.3 and 7.15.4 are broken and needs to be addressed.

• Stewart Ellis 25 posts 64 karma points
    May 08, 2020 @ 13:48
    Stewart Ellis

How did you upgrade a client when 7.15.5 hasn't shipped yet?

Also, as noted on the gitHub issue, courier (a commercial product) suffers the same issue, so this is not a matter of "oh well, it's opensource. - fix it yourself."

If 7.15.5 is to be the very last release of V7, that's completely fine as long as it works. I look forward to using V8 or V9 on the cloud when the time comes, but I'm not making the move just because a major part of V7 stopped working.

I see just today that a ship day of May 12 has been added to the 7.15.5 page. Good stuff! Go team!

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 22, 2020 @ 11:18

Same here, not seen an issue with images.....

Care to share more details?

Apr 22, 2020 @ 13:55
  • techcolin 3 posts 25 karma points
    Apr 22, 2020 @ 11:23
    techcolin

Likewise - we really need to get the memory leak issue patched. One of our sites started 500 erroring today after consuming 1.5Gig RAM!

The release link on this page isn't working, so I don't know where to pull the current 7.15.5 from so we can test and maybe implement from sources.

https://our.umbraco.com/download/releases/7155

This link returns 404:

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/releases/tag/release-7.15.5

Apr 22, 2020 @ 11:25

Yup, mem leak is critical... waiting for a reply https://twitter.com/timgeyssens/status/1252918742817832962

Apr 22, 2020 @ 11:27

There is a pull request for v7 at least https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/7773

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft