Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nidhi Chaudhary 2 posts 72 karma points
    Apr 17, 2020 @ 06:41
    Nidhi Chaudhary

Lost data when saving nested content

Hi,

I have created a nested doc type named "school" which is set to the element type. Then created the data type "School - Nested Content" and label as "Nested Content" and select element type as "school". import the data type in another doc type "Welcome" but when I clicked "save and publish" It seems it does not save the data.enter image description here

When clicked "save and publish" got enter image description here

• Jamie Connolly 17 posts 74 karma points
    May 06, 2020 @ 08:15
    Jamie Connolly

Hi Nidhi

I have been running into this issue as well. I am using Umbraco 8.6 with the full version of Models Builder and noticed that if I did not have Models Builder up to date then the titles for those related items in nested content would disappear, like above, and when the page is reloaded the nested content items disappear completely.

Once I updated Models Builder the items stopped disappearing.

Hope that helps

Jamie

• Nidhi Chaudhary 2 posts 72 karma points
    May 06, 2020 @ 08:35
    Nidhi Chaudhary

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for the response, What you are saying is absolutely correct. Yeah, this happens when Models Builder is not updated once it is updated all goes well. I got to know this a week ago.

• Robert Lewis 29 posts 94 karma points
    May 11, 2020 @ 14:12
    Robert Lewis

I have to recycle the app pool for it to save after I have created the nested content data type. Very annoying!

• Dmitriy 168 posts 588 karma points
    May 11, 2020 @ 17:07
    Dmitriy

As an addition to Jamie's answer

Starting from 8.5 Umbraco has its own Models Builder library called Models Builder Embedded, it's totally the same but without Dll mode. To make Models Builder updates automatically with Umbraco, make sure you are using Models Builder Embedded if you don't need DLL mode of course.

• Damien Holley 179 posts 540 karma points
    Aug 20, 2020 @ 10:34
    Damien Holley

@Dmitriy How do you make sure embedded is the one being used?

• Damien Holley 179 posts 540 karma points
    Aug 20, 2020 @ 12:00
    Damien Holley

I have foubnd that 8.6 does something very similar to this, but in my case it was because an item further down the page was mandatory and had not been added so it couldn't save but also didn't warn me.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft