Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Greg Fyans 140 posts 342 karma points
    Apr 17, 2020 @ 09:28
    Greg Fyans

Customer reported Forms submission not saving to database - is this possible?

I have had a client tell me they've had a form submission but there is no record of it in the DB. The client received the Workflow email notifying them, but when they checked the Entries page they could not see an entry for the submission.

I've heard of workflows not firing for various reasons (e.g. the SMTP server isn't available), but never data not being stored in the database after a successful submission.

Is this possible? I would've thought that if the data could not be stored an exception would be thrown. I'm just looking for something to go back to the client with here, because I'm stumped.

I have the date and time of the submission, but no data in the DB, and no errors anywhere I can see. This form submission has just disappeared.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 17, 2020 @ 10:04
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Greg

No, it's not possible, the record should be recorded before email sent, so something strange.

CAn you check Umbraco log? IIS log?

Thanks,

Alex

• Greg Fyans 140 posts 342 karma points
    Apr 17, 2020 @ 10:10
    Greg Fyans

Morning Alex,

I've checked all the various logs and can see nothing. There is genuinely no trace of this form being submitted.

The client says this isn't the first time this has happened, but I only have evidence of this one time (they forwarded me the email they received from the workflow).

It's a mystery.

I've had no other reports of this, ever, from any other client.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft