Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Enrique Capellan 40 posts 173 karma points
    Apr 19, 2020 @ 04:44
    Enrique Capellan

Hi, I've chanched my backoffice url and it works. In my web.config file I've changed the folowing keys: enter image description here

And I've renamed the umbraco folder to "admin". It works on my dev environment, but when I deploy my website to azure, my backoffice doesn't work and a just got the following error on my browser console: enter image description here

Can someone help me with that?

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Apr 19, 2020 @ 07:06
    Marc Goodson

Hi Enrique

ngAria was added in V8.4, my guess of what's happening for you based on this comment on the commit for the work;

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/pull/6628#issuecomment-542733946

is that in your production site, the location for ngAria resource is still perceived to be in the /umbraco folder.

I'm not sure why/where - generally it's always been a bit hit and miss changing the url for the Umbraco backoffice, as it's a scenario rarely tested with each Umbraco release, and also third party plugins often hardcode the /umbraco path... (other options include adding rewrite rules to return a 404, if not in a particular IP range - it depends on why the need to rename)

But if it all works locally, then hopefully something somewhere is just cached.

Increase the version number of the /config/clientdependency.config version attribute - to make sure the javascript resources that the backoffice uses is refreshed.

Check if the version of Umbraco on your production site matching your local version, eg Umbraco.Web, 'just because' the comment above mentions the initalization of ngAria being an embedded resource...

regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft