Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jörg 9 posts 90 karma points
    Apr 21, 2020 @ 14:36
    Jörg

Error updating database 8.5.3 to 8.6.1

Hi,

I tried to update new (i.e. not upgraded from V7 or anything) Umbraco 8.5.3 installation and database and received the following error message:

An explicit DROP INDEX is not allowed on index 'umbracoRelationType.IX_umbracoRelationType_alias'. It is being used for UNIQUE KEY constraint enforcement.

Is this a known issue? Do I need to fiddle with the database now?

Thanks, Joe

Apr 22, 2020 @ 07:41
    Jörg

enter image description here

Apr 22, 2020 @ 07:48
    Jörg

I manually dropped the unique index and then the upgrade routine went through successfully. When I wanted to re-create the index afterwards, I was given another error message because there now is a non-unique index of the same name. I find a non-unique index for an alias a bit strange.

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Apr 23, 2020 @ 18:21
    David Brendel

Hi Jörg,

Interestingly I did an upgrade yesterday from the exact same version. It was a pretty empty site thought. Haven't had any issues.

Any specialties in your site?

• Armend Imeri 6 posts 74 karma points
    Apr 29, 2020 @ 13:47
    Armend Imeri

I did the update today and I have ran into the same issue, I'm not sure if I should remove the constraint. How did you get around this? // Update, well I did change the constraing to index from unique and the upgrade went ahead and finished. It seems to be working for now but I will have to test everything to make sure nothing major crashes. Would appreciate some input on this.

• James 1 post 71 karma points
    May 05, 2020 @ 15:57
    James

I'm experiencing this very issue too on my dev site.

Attempted a 8.4.0 to 8.6.1 upgrade yesterday which produced this error.

Rolled back to 8.4.0, then upgraded to 8.5.5 which worked fine, but when attempting to go from 8.5.5 to 8.6.0 / 8.6.1, I once again receive this error.

Will stay on 8.5.5 for time being, and perhaps try a 8.6.x upgrade on another of my dev sites later this week.

• Armend Imeri 6 posts 74 karma points
    May 05, 2020 @ 17:39
    Armend Imeri

Yea I did the same. Cannot go to 8.6 dropping thr constraint does work but i dont know what it could cause down the line

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft