Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeremy Coulson 61 posts 143 karma points
    Apr 27, 2020 @ 13:16
    Jeremy Coulson

How can we disable a package without removing it?

Good morning.

This might be an embarrassingly noob question, but I have to ask it. We have the RankOne SEO tab on our site, but it doesn't appear to be used by anyone. When log in to back office, there's a considerable delay of about 30 seconds before we can interact with the node tree. It's just frozen.

We think it might be this RankOne SEO tab, but we're not sure. I'd like to just disable it for a moment to see if that fixes the problem, but I only know how to remove it. I'd rather not remove it if I'm just testing an idea. If it is this, I'm going to see if anyone around here really needs it and then we might remove it.

Thanks for any advice!

Jeremy

• Chris Norwood 131 posts 642 karma points
    Apr 27, 2020 @ 13:43
    Chris Norwood

Usually you can prevent a package from loading by excluding the package.manifest file in the ~/App_Plugins/[PackageName] directory from the project (assuming you can run it locally in a Dev environment first to check that doesn't break anything).

There may also be a dashboard configured in the ~/config/Dashboard.config file depending on how the package is implemented.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 27, 2020 @ 14:19
    Alex Skrypnyk

Another thing you can do - remove RankOne SEO dashboard

1. go to Dashboard.config with a text editor, this file is located in the Config directory
    2. remove a section with an alias RankOneSEODashboardSection

This will remove RankSEO tab from the dashboard that is loaded when you log in to Umbraco backend.

Thanks,

Alex

• Jeremy Coulson 61 posts 143 karma points
    Apr 27, 2020 @ 19:58
    Jeremy Coulson

Chris and Alex,

That worked! I just commented it out in the config file and it's gone -- and also no longer slowing down our interaction with the back office.

Thanks a ton. Have an awesome day!

Jeremy

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft