Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Niels Lynggaard 190 posts 548 karma points
    Apr 28, 2020 @ 12:34
    Niels Lynggaard

Azure Blob storage: .mp4 (and .pdf) file is cut down to 4 Mb when uploaded through media section

Hi all.

First off, I'm not an Azure Blob experts, so if this is an issue with setup of Azure Blob storage, I hope just to be pointed in the right direction.

Problem; Uploading a video file (.mp4) to the media library works fine. But the file is "cut", e.g a 21 Mb file is reduced to exactly 4 Mb and thus plays fine when requested but stops before the file is actually finnished. The file size in Umbraco shows the "original" file size.

I just tested with a 20 Mb. .pdf and the is the same, it's being corrupted (I guess because it is being "cut".

I've tried; Bumping the max file size in web.config (maxRequestLength and maxAllowedContentLength) in web.config Bumping the "Maxbytes" setting in imageprocessor/security.config

So far no luck.

The Azure Blob storage isn't private and otherwise works well.

Any help will be greatly appreciated..

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 28, 2020 @ 16:23
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Niels

4Mb is a default "StreamWriteSizeInBytes"

This is a property on the CloudBlockBlob object or CloudPageBlob object, whichever you are using. You can use this when streaming files up to Azure as well (like when you’re using UploadStream instead of UploadFile).

So it looks like file chunked and some errors occur after the first chunk.

Another thing - how do you check that files is reduced? Do you check via direct URL?

Thanks,

Alex

• Niels Lynggaard 190 posts 548 karma points
    Apr 29, 2020 @ 06:27
    Niels Lynggaard

Actually I was directed to this bugreport on UmbracoFileSystemProvidersAzure; https://github.com/umbraco-community/UmbracoFileSystemProviders.Azure/issues/158

This should be fixed in v. 1.1.1, but that version didn't solve it for me.

However, downgrading UmbracoFilesystemProvidersAzure to v. 1.0.3 fixed the problem for me!

The files were actually uploading fine, but once requested as /media/xxx/... they wouldn't download more than 4 Mb.

If anyone else runs into this, pay attention to this bug in 1.1.0 and possibly still in 1.1.1, even though it should be fixed.

Cheers, Niels

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 29, 2020 @ 14:09
    Alex Skrypnyk

Thanks, Niels for sharing with us. Keep safe

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft